Author Topic: Finalization AR/light armor/nades/TM build for dominating need advices . . .  (Read 3110 times)

Dieusama

• Zoner
    • View Profile
. . . from the forum's Gods of Theorycrafting Validation.

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgcHBgULAwfCoMKgAAAAAMKgX0kAAHx8SzAKAAAARmoASzkxKwEWFT5KwofCiElLT8KDKCnCtcKk378

Only 10 in tailoring for incendiary grenades, i'll probably use either phantom armor or grey army spec-ops armor. Not ideal, but I wanted to push chemistry for Mark V grenades. So tailoring has been sacrificed.

I didn't take opportunist : am I right ? Is there easy "opportunist prep" with a AR build ? Is throwing net/Flashbang viable in that role or AR + opportunist = fail ?

Took critical power because I plan on Chimera. Is it good ? What are the best AR enhancements ? 8.6 mm for incendiary or 9 mm for damage and Acid ?

Thanks you all for any additional insight you can provide.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Well, Opportunist + Suppressive Fire work very well together but you'd need obviously to dump two feats for that.  Personally, I'd drop Aimed Shot and Three Pointer.  Aimed Shot is useful early game but later on you're mostly spraying; Three Pointer is just really hard to justify.

You're going to be able to get 2 bursts a turn with the Chimaera of either caliber, so really it's up to you.  I generally like incendiary bullets more than acid bullets, personally, but acid is a great choice when fighting things that aren't afraid of fire.

Dieusama

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Three pointer isn't that good ? But surely grenades that crit can be that bad ?

"but acid is a great choice when fighting things that aren't afraid of fire."

Like, dreaded industrial bots ?

bati

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Three Pointer is quite strong, even at only 10% base crit hit chance stuff like frag grenades will be critting a lot. Since you're going with a stealth build you could drop Trigger Happy as you'll generally be starting fights on your terms anyway.

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
I'm with Gortsby here; late game I don't often use nades on AR builds because bullet spam is cheaper and wipes out most enemy groups. Also, opportunist can trigger off of utility/CC nades; drop a flashbang and boom free opportunist procs. So yes, absolutely take opportunist/suppressive fire.

trashplayer

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
For ammo, the caliber specific ones are nice but W2C is an allrounder that outperforms them consistently. It is just really boring. But so is AR.

Dieusama

• Zoner
    • View Profile
9 mm it is then for extra dmg

So based on your advices

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgcHBgULAwfCoMKgAAAAAMKgX0kAAHx8SzAKAAAARmoASzkxKzsWJj4VSknCh8KIJ0spwrXCpE_fvw

Droped Aimed shot, took suppresive fire/opportunist, kept Three Pointer juste for usefullness of nades until I have a hardcore crafted Chimera and a ton of W2C ammo.

Thanks you all ;)