Author Topic: Difficulty setting? (SPOILERS FOR JUNKYARD PATH, Possibly)  (Read 2288 times)

Jazhara7

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Difficulty setting? (SPOILERS FOR JUNKYARD PATH, Possibly)
« on: September 28, 2013, 10:44:36 am »
Hey there, I purchased the Underrail recently because it looked intriguing and promising. And boy did it live up to that promise!

I am really enjoying this game. The feeling is great, and it actually reminds me of playing Fallout 1 and 2, but with even more of the good things in it. Also, love the ventilation shaft crawling. I love playing stealthy.

I do have some suggestions/questions though, and here they are:

- Will there be a general plot later on, or is it just exploring (which is fun too). It is great to discover and learn about the people in this setting, and I am sure it will be for a while. But a general plot keeping it all together would be nice.

- Will you add the option to change the difficulty? While I've managed to reach the Junkyard by now, I still have some difficulties with certain enemies (anyone with a sledgehammer O.o ), and it was quite a challenge to get by all those mind bugs in the caves on the way to the Junkyard. Fighting one was okay, but in a troop they really are difficult to manage. I did manage to only get the attention of one each, but sometimes that is just not possible, and if I have no other way around them, that results in an annoying reloading marathon - I am patient with this sort of thing, trying different approaches. But when I have to reload for the umphteenth time, it's not fun any longer.

These are of course just suggestions/questions, but I'd be happy if they were taken into consideration. :)

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulty setting? (SPOILERS FOR JUNKYARD PATH, Possibly)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 11:41:52 am »
Heya,

- There will be a main plot to follow.

- I'll probably add an easy difficulty setting where you will have more health and/or take reduced damage.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 04:28:10 pm »
I recommend also modifying the perception of enemies in a potential easy setting, because otherwise you exclude weaker players from playing stealthy.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

threnody

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 08:17:20 pm »
I found Psy is the way to go against beetles. Stun abilities work well and fear (really good vs Siphoners) is OP imo.