Author Topic: Container Highlights, Weapon Damage, Torch, Firecrackers  (Read 1026 times)

ssnn

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Container Highlights, Weapon Damage, Torch, Firecrackers
« on: November 05, 2016, 06:25:46 pm »
I've played through the game twice and it's one of my favorite games now. There were some things I missed a little bit though, and that I'd like to suggest:

Grey out the labels of successfully opened containers.
Right now I'd have to loot every container on a map to be sure I've explored everything (because then they show up as "container (empty)").
But don't grey out containers that are still locked or "stuff" I put on the ground.

Draw damage numbers from standard normal distribution.
Maybe you remember the bell curve of this distribution. It would make extremely low and high damage numbers less likely and a weapon's average damage would be a more pronounced characteristic. This would make most games more realistic/immersive I think.
For instance you can do this (pseudocode):
Code: [Select]
random_normal(min_dmg, max_dmg) {
diff = (max_dmg - min_dmg)
mean_dmg = (max_dmg + min_dmg)/2.0
samplemean = 0.0
do 6 times:
samplemean += Math.random() // sum up random floats between 0 and 1
samplemean = samplemean/6.0
return diff/2.0 * (samplemean*2.0-1.0) + mean_dmg
}

Firecrackers
A grenade-like item to lure enemies from behind corners into traps, that doesn't do any damage (if your character can't throw or you're in a small room). Enemies should still come to the players location and not where the firecracker went off.
Or maybe add a default ability (default like shooting a weapon in general) to shoot in the air. Maybe with small chance of selfharm due to ricocheting bullets.

Torch/Lantern
For when you've cleared the enemies on a map and want to recheck something/loot. Since the game is pretty dark it would be nice to have a long lasting lightsource, like a lantern that would also make you easier to detect and hit when used or an efficiency-upgrade for the nightvision-goggles.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 11:35:13 pm by ssnn »