Author Topic: [SPOILER] list of all random encounters  (Read 5591 times)

Twiglard

[SPOILER] list of all random encounters
« on: February 23, 2018, 07:29:39 am »
Hey,

Let's share what random encounters we found. There are no examples on the wiki currently.

- Blaine killed by a scavenger (!). Both are found dead and his shoppe empty, other than Blaine's corpse in it.
- Near Rail Crossing entrance, either a guy's corpse surrounded by traps, or a hostile group of bandits.
- Wounded Man deep South and East of Rail Crossing. I think he was bugged and died even when bandaged all the way.
- An arsonist (Molotov-throwing Aluminum-based tactical vest) dude near Blaine's
- A couch in Foundry with empty bottles and two pills of Irongut (heavy drinking party)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 10:26:34 am by sthalik »

Hazard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: [SPOILER] list of all random encounters
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 09:35:40 am »
- Blaine killed by a scavenger (!). Both are found dead and his shoppe empty, other than Blaine's corpse in it.

That's what you get for setting up shop in a godforsaken hole in the middle of nowhere. :P Seriously though, getting that event in the early game would be pretty damn annoying. Blaine's a good merchant at that point, and the best place to exchange SGS credits to Charons.

A few that I've seen:
- A conversation with a chemist in Core City. A nice fellow, even offers you a drink.
- Ambushed by an Industrial Robot in the Under-passages. Probably quite difficult if encountered early on.
- One or a few hostile Plasma Sentries on the overpass near Core City.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 02:37:58 pm »
Found on Dominating, in case difficulty makes a difference
--Three Ironheads (Heavy Gunner, Bomber, and whatever the sledgehammer guys are called) in the map just outside SGS with the entrance to the Underpassages, behind the fence.  Got it pretty early (level 7 or 8, I think?) so it was a doozy of a fight at the time but the loot was amazing
--Dead body found in the map between the compound where Newton is rescued, and the main entrance to Junkyard.  Had a few items, think it was gun, leather armor, and a few coins
--A crate in the back (NW corner) of the compound where Newton is hiding
--A fourth crate in the little fenced in area between the GMS entrance and the building where you deliver the package for Jack's quest
--A Rogue Plasma Walker outside Rail Crossing
--Two dead bodies in a toxic cloud, man and woman.  Both wearing bio suit and gas mask and carrying low/mid quality weapons.
--Some guy named Dolt Jr. walking around in the screen directly east of Rail Crossing.
--Large fight between Ironheads and Foundry Guards immediately west of the Foundry Train.  The Foundry Guards can be killed&looted without turning Foundry hostile so there's a lot of potential loot available here.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 02:45:05 pm by TheAverageGortsby »

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 04:26:59 pm »
-Dead body, found one time on the (new) way from SGS to Mushroom Cove. A few minor loot items on it.

-Backpack with some stuff in. Found once in locked storage house outside the GMS compound.

-A crate in 2nd lvl of GMS compound, middle area, that I have not seen before. It was probably a random crate for looting, but its placement was bugged, because it was behind another crate or something, so it was impossible to walk to it and open it.

Yonaiker

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 02:10:09 am »
Playing on a female character somewhere upper underrail (I don't remember which one) there was a scavenger hitting on my char and asking me to get laid with him, due roleplaying reasons I just eviscerated the hell out of him.

Twiglard

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 05:16:11 am »
- A guy asking for money and then attacking with a knife, behind the shops in Foundry
- Daniel Arda (Jack's Core City quest dude) paying raiders with Hercules to kill you, near Rail crossing entrance. Up to 4 doses of Hercules.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 03:06:08 am »
the locations don't matter, I believe

ive had several random encounters in the same few spots and each was different

Off the top of my head, I've encountered a mute fisherman who sells you fish
a random kamikaze bot
a pack of dogs
a couple plasma sentries
three ironhead berserkers
oh, and the couch
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:08:08 am by harperfan7 »
*eurobeat intensifies*

Twiglard

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 05:06:17 pm »
I've had multiple overlapping encounters at the same place. Some random bandits at Rail Crossing entrance, then Daniel Arda. The same place where there can be a dead hunter surrounded by traps.

Where did you get the couch? I got it in Foundry, close to West's shop.

reinhark

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 01:04:09 am »
Begger with a hand behind his back, core city drop zone north of the Coretech warehouse(I think.)
Self-proclaimed great cheater. Frequent game breaker. Liberator of limitations.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 01:34:03 am »
For me, the couch was in the map to the left of the lost vault.  The one with a lake in the middle and several beetles on the north shore.  Couch was in the lower left corner.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Twiglard

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 12:28:52 am »
Have you had other places with multiple possible encounters, one another or random between playthroughs? My only place so far was Rail Crossing entrance, 3 encounters.

Shredded Cheddar

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 04:38:25 pm »
Was level 5 walking toward cave hopper caves, when you have the option to go either through the western passage with the water and the ladder, or the southern passage with the rocks blocking the path, I chose the southern passage. On one occasion I found a backpack with a note in it with directions starting from the hanging rat bar. The second one I found was a bunch of dead punks and scavengers(? dont remember what the second group was called tbh), about six of them with relatively high level weapons. Found a laser sight XM Hammerer ~1320 quality, an AR of similar value, and more.

Twiglard

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2018, 05:56:47 am »
Do you guys think some places have too much going on, or others that feel too empty?

Rail Crossing's namesake rail crossing seems to be the random event mecca if you ask me. :P And the new areas between SGS and Mushroom Cove feel a tad empty.

To be fair, it's the most bandit-populated area. Underpassages and south, then east of RC. I'd rather not have all of it take place in one spot though :D

[If only Underpassages followed normal distances and directions. A man can dream. Cthulhu must hate isotropic geometry. So does Einstein.]

Did you see that happening? They might've been killed by something else that roams the underpassages. Lots of dangerous events in there.

I didn't see it, I saw the two dead bodies only. Therefore it must've been a random event since nothing takes place without the player being on the map. Or am I wrong?

Also the guards were poof, gone. More evidence toward a random event.
Edit: I just remembered the other dead guy had a name "Robber". He wasn't a "Stalker" or an "Arsonist".
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 06:03:40 am by sthalik »

jubisloviu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2018, 04:28:03 pm »
Found a group of exiled muties while looking for oddities on the under passages to get a level or two before going to the GMS compound.
they spawned near the toxic barrel wich killed half of the group, sadly the 2 remaining survivors were too strong for my low level jack to handle.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 01:38:43 am by jubisloviu »

MEJ119

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2018, 12:42:24 am »
I'm not certain if this was a random encounter: I ran into a group of Lunatics performing a strange psi ritual with cats. Combat ensued, and the cats all came for me!