Author Topic: Ideas for Future Development  (Read 281 times)

bigdog764

• Noob
    • View Profile
Ideas for Future Development
« on: November 12, 2023, 06:17:07 pm »
Notice: below are my compiled thoughts and opinions about the current state of the game and its future development, so this may be a bit involved. I apologize beforehand for potential spelling/grammatical errors.

Quality of Life improvement: Distinguish Melee weapons (all melee weapons share the generic “melee weapon” description, in the game and on the wiki) the same way ranged weapons are classified (Fist Weapon, Knife, Sword, Spear, Sledgehammer, etc.) Small detail, but I think this is worthwhile.

Introduce an expansion that will expand on melee weapons, crossbows, and throwing skills. This could be related to weapons, unique weapons (along with a reforging mechanic), crafting recipes, crafting components, feats, quests, etc.  Introduce in major expansion (such as Expedition) or minor expansion (such as Heavy Duty) a Reforging Mechanic for melee weapons and crossbows (very similar to the refurbishing mechanic for firearms). Reforging could affect many properties of said reforged weapon (damage, crit damage, crit change, etc.).

The following information about feats is directly for the wiki, (Including the base game, Expedition, and Heavy Duty content):
Feats related to Guns skill: 31
Feats related to Heavy Guns skill (introduced in Heavy Duty): 11
Feats related to Throwing skill: 10
Feats related to Crossbows skill: 12
Feats related to Melee skill: 40
This is a rough idea of how feats are distributed among the offense skills (even though there is some overlap between skills for certain feat requirements)
Based on this, I think it would be beneficial to give melee, throwing, and crossbow builds some love (I’m currently playing a stealth crossbow build and it’s been my favorite run thus far).

The following is purely my opinion for future development:
1.   Base Game (Released, minor patches/bug fixes)
2.   Expedition (Released, minor patches/bus fixes)
3.   Heavy Duty (Released, patches/bug fixes)
4.   Major or Minor Expansion related to the content above
5.   Minor Expansion (after this is released, the game would ideally be in a “complete” status and development for paid content will cease)