Author Topic: Melee Charge  (Read 1634 times)

intensity

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Melee Charge
« on: January 28, 2014, 05:41:49 pm »
I would like to suggest some type of charge trait to be added into game in the future. Much like the pigs/warthogs charge. Sometimes I run long distances towards my enemies and it would be great if I can use that to my advantage somehow.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
Re: Melee Charge
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 01:29:03 am »
Reminds me of how the champions worked in Heroes. The longer they move before attacking the greater bonus they get. If something like that would be added to Underrail, I think initiation with melee attacks will be much more viable. Restricted to a linear path of course, no twists and turn that reduces momentum.

Barrelsoup Chef

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Gamer since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 03:45:52 pm »
Melee charge is a nice idea, but it should have some downside/restriction or whatever (at cost of current movement points or high cooldown or something). I think if this isn't the case that there ain't much of a point anymore in equipping light amour, since you can 'sprint' (melee charge) your way though with heavy.

Maby the charge length should be determined by the armor you have equipped, for instance only 2 spaces for heavy but if you are carrying light amour you can melee charge 5 spaces.
Gameplay, that's the reason why I PLAY a GAME

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 06:57:46 pm »
How about just a regular attack with +20 Move points to cross the distance, and the action points you spent on the charge are added as a percentage to your damage and accuracy?
Heavies would get the advantage of spikes, but lighter armour allows an even greater movement radius.
Could also slow the enemy down to keep him in range for the next round.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.