Author Topic: so how rare are boots blueprints and which merchant sells them?  (Read 3834 times)

grimafacia

• Noob
    • View Profile
i've been going at it at gort's for quite a while and never seen one i guess if i remember correctly i saw one at the merchant in the docks. but i forgot to save and died from frogs.

honorable mention, haxxor mark 2. i found one at gort's but i was looking for the aforementioned boots blueprints..

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: so how rare are boots blueprints and which merchant sells them?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:02:55 pm »
i've been going at it at gort's for quite a while and never seen one i guess if i remember correctly i saw one at the merchant in the docks. but i forgot to save and died from frogs.

honorable mention, haxxor mark 2. i found one at gort's but i was looking for the aforementioned boots blueprints..

Big Bret (SGS, agronomy level) sells the blueprint.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 11:06:42 pm »
Hmm, I couldn't find any merchants selling boots blueprint after a quick check.
Looks like it might be missing from static merchant store inventories.

About rarity, I think the system works works like this.

- items can appear in random loot table, which means they can be found randomly pretty much anywhere!
- they can also be static in some stores, which means some trader will always sell it
- items have hidden item level. this limits where it can appear (eg, a level 5 area/enemy can't drop level 6 items)
- and visible itemquality (see item's name: low, normal, high, rarity, artifact). this affects how rarely they appear as random loot.

Not quite how it works, but close enough. Two significant things to keep in mind are:
- loot is not completely random; depending on what you're looting and where you access only a certain subset of the loot table
- the color coded item quality doesn't correspond directly to the item rarity in the loot table, it's only meant to give you a general idea; actual rarity factors are stored in the loot table

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 01:28:01 pm »
Big Bret (SGS, agronomy level) sells the blueprint.

Nope, he does not. Unless it's random chance? I checked his store thrice, no blueprints.

Bug?

Could be that I've added it after 0.1.8.0 release.