Author Topic: Hopeless yngwar/ferryman problem  (Read 4811 times)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Hopeless yngwar/ferryman problem
« on: August 26, 2019, 01:30:05 am »
I have never seen any option to get the ferryman to talk about his fight with whatshisface.  I can't get yngwar to talk about the ferryman, with 8 int I have exhausted all options before asking about it.  I tried just waiting until further along in the questline to see if the ferryman would open up more about it, but I'm about to take the sub down and there's still no option.  So, I tried going back to yngwar (only talked to him the one time), and he was hostile when I tried to talk to him. 

If there were clues this was going to happen, they must have been pretty subtle.  If it weren't for the internet, I would have absolutely no idea there was a shard, a torch, or anything like that.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Jubei

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Hopeless yngwar/ferryman problem
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 03:09:48 am »
For the ferryman conversation you need to help the mutants, give them medicine and turn the power back on. After that the mutant merchant that sells hunter gear will answer questions you have about the ferryman and he will tell you he once had a artifact. That is what unlocks the conversation.

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 03:22:41 am »
oh god, you need more than 8 INT to get the damn sketch or whatever from Yngwar??? i thought i could pass the check and continue the questline with my 6 INT once i had access to hypercerebrix

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 03:28:09 am »
For the ferryman conversation you need to help the mutants, give them medicine and turn the power back on. After that the mutant merchant that sells hunter gear will answer questions you have about the ferryman and he will tell you he once had a artifact. That is what unlocks the conversation.

Sounds legit, I'll try it.  Thank you.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Jubei

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 03:40:52 am »
I have my own question about the Ferryman as well to add to this thread. Has anyone had any luck unlocking his topic about The Center. I boosted my INT to 11 with the drug and tried several times experimenting with dialog choices. My choices are enough to get me the Philosophy 3 feat but not enough for that one topic, he just says it's too complex for me right now. Starting to think that one requires 12 Int or something.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 04:02:24 am »
Whelp.  Turns out you can't send them medicine if you already brought phil's arm back.

Edit:  okay, turns out you don't need to as long as you turn their power back on

I have my own question about the Ferryman as well to add to this thread. Has anyone had any luck unlocking his topic about The Center. I boosted my INT to 11 with the drug and tried several times experimenting with dialog choices. My choices are enough to get me the Philosophy 3 feat but not enough for that one topic, he just says it's too complex for me right now. Starting to think that one requires 12 Int or something.

I've heard 10 is enough, you just have to exhaust all his other dialogue options.  Can't confirm.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 04:08:35 am by harperfan7 »
*eurobeat intensifies*

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 10:42:18 pm »
Regarding the conversation with Yngwar, I can confirm that 9 INT is sufficient to exhaust his dialogue and get the sketch of the Sormibaeren Champion's grave. You have to be very careful when talking with him, however. He is very easily perturbed. Definitely save beforehand. It may also be possible with 8 INT, but I can't confirm that. 9 INT works, at least.

Regarding the Philosophy III perk and the dialogue with Ferryman, I can confirm that 9 INT is sufficient to exhaust all of his dialogue and get the Philosophy III feat, as well. The problem with getting this feat is that you have to return to all of the various dialogue options multiple times (at least once for each of the options), because suddenly a new dialogue option will be revealed for each one after you progress sufficiently through the dialogue. It's annoying and arbitrary and I don't like it, but that's the way it goes. Be prepared to spam through the "Tell me about XYZ again" dialogue until something new pops up.

You'll know when it's over once you have the Philosophy III feat (exit out of the dialogue to check) and he asks your overall opinion on his wacky philosophy. Give your opinion and he'll give a very short and uninteresting response depending on what you chose, and that's it. Take the feat and leave, and never think about it again! ;)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 03:23:49 pm »
Well, everything worked out, but I still have no idea why yngwar is hostile.  Something about rathounds; probably PMSing.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Jubei

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 02:40:11 am »
 I figured out my problem, I kept overlooking a question to ask in the True death topic. Did you end up getting the rune sketch you need from yngwar? If not you can find the rune on a hammer in the north western native village. It's literally a Naga protector head on a stick.

Tayon

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2019, 11:46:59 am »
For the ferryman conversation you need to help the mutants, give them medicine and turn the power back on.
No, you just have to say goodbye, and then talk to him a second time. Checked.

Starting to think that one requires 12 Int or something.
Nope, 9 is allright. I check this. You just missing something.

Ravager

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2019, 07:57:36 pm »
Regarding the conversation with Yngwar, I can confirm that 9 INT is sufficient to exhaust his dialogue and get the sketch of the Sormibaeren Champion's grave. You have to be very careful when talking with him, however. He is very easily perturbed. Definitely save beforehand. It may also be possible with 8 INT, but I can't confirm that. 9 INT works, at least.

I can confirm 8 INT can get you the sketch of the grave location, at least on medium difficulty. My character has 6 INT, but used Hypercerebrix, and was able to get the information. It required careful talk, as you point out, and I had to feed him a few times.

8 INT won't get Philosophy III, however. My character gets "too tired" to discuss the finer points of the underworld.

BTW, you had mentioned elsewhere that access to Oculus gives you advantages in the expansion. Other than getting certain devices analysed / sold, what other advantages does it give you? Did they update the computers to contain information about Lemuria?