Author Topic: 16 TiChrome Tabi builds, possible nerf and discussion  (Read 3839 times)

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: 16 TiChrome Tabi builds, possible nerf and discussion
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2021, 05:19:48 pm »
Adrenaline gives on demand ability to kill more enemies now, when most of them are around and dangerous. It definitely should be used during prolonged fights. The fatigue turns won't really be toughter because there will be less enemies alive to harm you.

You can reduce grenades cooldown with Grenadier, LTI, you can alternate throwing damaging/flashbangs, you can consume medicine, there's plenty of opportunities to spend AP every turn instead of boinking.

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2021, 06:17:27 pm »
Adrenaline gives on demand ability to kill more enemies now, when most of them are around and dangerous. It definitely should be used during prolonged fights. The fatigue turns won't really be toughter because there will be less enemies alive to harm you.

You can reduce grenades cooldown with Grenadier, LTI, you can alternate throwing damaging/flashbangs, you can consume medicine, there's plenty of opportunities to spend AP every turn instead of boinking.

Your a hammer build, not a grenade/TM build. Grenades and TM are a crutch, and I wouldn’t be surprised if they got nerfed along with tichrome hammers.

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2021, 06:49:30 pm »
Nah, you are Hammer + whatever you want build. Most builds use grenades, mines, medicines, tasers, throwing nets, caltrops and/or spells, in whatever combinations they desire. Mr thick hammer head still has 2 utility slots and innervation spots for a reason. If you decided to be pure boinker, that's fine too, and your analysis fits there much better.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2021, 01:29:38 am »
Now that's interesting; it's best to have a tungsten and a tichrome, whether you wear boots or tabis.  I never considered using both at once. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2021, 05:39:14 pm »
I would even say that the OP's document overestimates the TiChrome's ability to fight multiple enemies. Unless those are particularly weak enemies like locusts or burrower spaw, i always preferred to use either tungsten or preferably Balor regardless of wherever i am light or heavy armor.

As it has been metioned, 10 AP leftover for regular hammers is very useful for various purposes, like using medicine or moving, but what is most important, 10 can be used to recharge your hammer. All the calculation of comparative damage seem to assume that you can just attack continuously, but that is not true. With electroshock and core being of relatively similar quality, it take around 4-6 swing to deplete your hammer's battery, which means that TiChrome hammer had to be reacharged on average every 2 turns, so in reality we are not talking about 3 attacks per turn, but more like 5 attacks per 2 turns if we are keeping up electroshock. For regular hammers this is not as problematic, since you can just recharge with those leftover 10 AP. If we also account for Pummel that costs 10 AP too, then it's even less favorable comparison for TiChrome. around 15 attacks over 6 turns for TiChrome vs 12 attacks + 2 pummels (they give half of base mechanical damage but full electrical damage, so i don't know proper rate of conversion between pummel and regular attack)  over 6 turns for Tungsten. And yes, you can lower the AP cost of Pummel, but that has an opportunity cost that regular 20 AP hammer does not have.

I have playes a lot of hammerers and in the end i mostly prefer 20 AP ones especially Balor.

Hammer Wizard

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2021, 10:38:39 pm »
>I would even say that the OP's document overestimates the TiChrome's ability to fight multiple enemies
I'm really not, see pic related.
Balor's took a painful long time to kill all of this and had to rely on grenades for spawn control.
With TiChrome tabi this encounter would have been a breeze, but I ignored tichrome tabi and got punished by it, kind of
Turns out at 95% mech damage reduction multiple hit attacks hurt like a fuck

And yes TiChrome tabi hammers are good yet so resource intensive.
Like a high maintenance girlfriend.
*Snort*

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2021, 02:54:14 am »
>I would even say that the OP's document overestimates the TiChrome's ability to fight multiple enemies
I'm really not, see pic related.
Balor's took a painful long time to kill all of this and had to rely on grenades for spawn control.
With TiChrome tabi this encounter would have been a breeze, but I ignored tichrome tabi and got punished by it, kind of
Turns out at 95% mech damage reduction multiple hit attacks hurt like a fuck

And yes TiChrome tabi hammers are good yet so resource intensive.
Like a high maintenance girlfriend.

>Unless those are particularly weak enemies like locusts or burrower spaw
I mean, that's more or less what i was talking about. Yes, in this case TiChrome is noticeably better. Basically, if you kill it in one swing of TiChrome, TiChrome is better, absolutely. But that is not what i experience in most situation. For example, for beach attacks where there are plenty of invaders, i would take either Balor or Tungsten.

Even so, i would take both, Balor in one hand and TiChrome in another for this particular fight on your screenshot. TiChrome is better vs spawns, but it is also worse vs burrower warriors.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 03:05:14 am by MirddinEmris »

RewRatt

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2021, 11:28:55 am »
>Unless those are particularly weak enemies like locusts or burrower spaw
I mean, that's more or less what i was talking about. Yes, in this case TiChrome is noticeably better. Basically, if you kill it in one swing of TiChrome, TiChrome is better, absolutely. But that is not what i experience in most situation. For example, for beach attacks where there are plenty of invaders, i would take either Balor or Tungsten.

Even so, i would take both, Balor in one hand and TiChrome in another for this particular fight on your screenshot. TiChrome is better vs spawns, but it is also worse vs burrower warriors.

This - you got 2 slots and Electroshock TiChrome would have made it a breeze with low HP numerous enemies. In such sircumstances, AOE is king. Or put a shield up and throw a molly under your feet 😆