Author Topic: Specialization and initiative questions  (Read 1713 times)

darkelf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Specialization and initiative questions
« on: August 01, 2019, 04:47:17 pm »
Hello everyone!
Currently playing burst AR/SMG Commando build (Normal, Classic)
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HggGBgMOAwbCoDwAAADCoGJYUgAAwonCiU9BwokAAAAAAABNJE8mOxU3ShZJRTHCtsKkfCjChTnin6IF4qeCAuKnqgLip7QE378

Need a help choosing specializations for this build. Can you explain what is the differences between damage output from Full Auto Damage / Concentrated Fire / Expertise. Which or is better in terms of dps and how to count it?

Second question is about initiative. Does the Trigger Happy will be worth it for this build? It adds base +7 to initiative but you roll anyway from 1 to 15 as a bonus, and you can just use a root soda. I chose Sprint but i think it is not neccessary and really bad in terms of 10 turns (it can be lowered by hopper tabis but still a crap).

Is 94 (114) stealth enough for endgame or you will be spotted very fast?

Also, can the Heavy Armor penalty be dropped down to 0%? I can make SS armor with 2% only. :(
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 04:49:10 pm by darkelf »

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Specialization and initiative questions
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 05:11:40 pm »
If your using the AR exckusively for "free" Commando bursts, then the Concentrated Fire feat, nevermind the specialization, is dubious.

So Concentrated Fire increases damage dealt to targets per stack. Targets gain stacks every time they've been hit by an AR bullet from a burst. The problem is, you have to hit them to stack up the effect... While most opponents will melt to a high quality (150+) AR firing armor piercing anyways, assuming 15+ PER, ~30% crit (goggles, focus stim) and green scope.

This can be useful if shooting Dominating bosses with repeated AR bursts, but outside of that edge case very few other opponents can eat a whole AR burst and live.

I would recommend prioritizing your Full Auto specialization, as its your primary, unconditional DPS tool. If you switch to a pure AR build, then concentrated fire may prove extremely potent, but you've not dumped DEX...

Can you craft a good tincan with under 25% armor penalty? Because I'm not sure even with sloping specialization you can put a single extra reinforcement plate on it, and if so then the nimble body weight training route is a bit questionable, as is having 10 STR.

darkelf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 05:42:48 pm »
I do not use AR with crit bonuses, i use 7,62 Rapid Compensated Hornet + 7,62 Jaguar SMG for more bursts.
I do not use any additional plates when crafting SSA as i really don't see a profit in it. So only 2% penalty here for lowest stealth and evasion penalty.

I took Nimble and planned Body Weight Training as i thought i will end up with 0% armor penalty, but i ended with 2% and meh, who cares...

So, Full Auto and Expertise then?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 05:49:35 pm by darkelf »

Faeren

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 09:04:49 pm »
Aww, that's a shame, the Armor Sloping specialization got nerfed, it used to be another 5% per point, so you could reach 0% with non-reinforced SuperSteel armor. Considering how many feats it eats up to accomplish this, and the fact it's only viable for a few builds it should really be possible.