Author Topic: Hostile force fields  (Read 174 times)

yako

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Hostile force fields
« on: April 22, 2024, 02:55:54 am »
Force field can turn hostile to you, even if you hit it with something that doesn't do any damage (such as flashbangs), and if there also are enemies on a location (unaware of you), combat is sometimes infinitely re-initiated when you try to disengage. It probably should be considered an object (similar to rocks, walls or disabled turrets).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 05:05:29 am by yako »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Hostile force fields
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2024, 09:45:10 am »
Forcefield is a sort of a special type of opponent and I cannot just change it to a passive one (like rocks) without breaking the AI. In order to change this minor annoyance, I would have to make some finnicky changes to the AI and risk breaking it. I think I'll leave it like this for now and then maybe come back to it at a later point.

As I understand, the forcefield itself does not keep you in combat if you damage it, it's in combination with nearby enemies. Correct?

yako

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Hostile force fields
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2024, 11:53:51 am »
It's in combination of enemies that are unaware of you, but did see you at some point. To continue, you must go to their line of sight (sometimes impossible if you have blocked the path with force field); they won't move otherwise, and ending turn doesn't count against force field expiration, so it will stay there forever, unless you destroy it yourself or trigger proper combat with enemies again.