Author Topic: Can't do anything -- how do I move? Any basic rule book, etc.  (Read 7093 times)

Haldurson

• Noob
    • View Profile
I purchased the game as part of the indiefort spring bundle.  I was able to launch it, and create a character.  However after that I can't figure out what to do.  The only key that seems to do anything at all is F1 which seems to change facing, and switch character focus.  Clicking anywhere on the screen doesn't do anything either.  What am I missing?  There's a room with three icons that look like people but I can't do anything with any of them.  I've tried all the standard rpg keys (ASDW, cursor keys, I for inventory, space bar, function keys, number keys, etc.)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Can't do anything -- how do I move? Any basic rule book, etc.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 08:16:34 am »
Normally, the game should start with an Intro where three people talk with each other.
You should have a black box in the bottom of the screen where you can click through the dialogue.
The Actual game starts afterwards, and normally involved moving by clicking where you want to go.
It's really just the mouse and some hotkeys.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Haldurson

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 05:13:15 pm »
There must be something wrong then because there's no dialog for me.  I'm  guessing that the graphics settings I selected are such that it's below the screen -- if so then that's definitely a bug.

I'll try it again with lower graphics settings.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 05:17:43 pm »
Why don't you just set the resolution to that which is native to your monitor?