Author Topic: Hard mode  (Read 2419 times)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Hard mode
« on: April 19, 2015, 11:39:09 am »
So, now that I've been playing for a while again, swimming in money, beating every combat against 5 or less enemies, and carrying around so many health hypos they start to weight me down, I was wondering if maybe a hard mode is in order to complement the easy and normal modes?

What I'd like to see in general:
10% less pay from merchants
A chance of 10% that a stacks quantity on a beaten enemy is reduced by 50%, rounded down.
A reduction on skillpoints on higher levels, say -5 after level 10 and -10 after level 20 (per level), but some 5 or 10 bonus points at char gen.
Some SGS traders need some more money.

That would rebalance the economy well for my taste.
I don't expect that to happen, however.
As such, I suggest a hard mode with the first two points doubled in %, and a slight reduction in hypo efficiency so you use slightly more of them.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Hard mode
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 04:55:56 pm »
Here is how I'd imagine hard mode (not meant to be super hard, just adds an edge for players who've beaten the game):

-Merchants never refill buy requests or charons, once you fill it they're done buying.  Alternatively 45->300 minutes.
-Minimum chance to hit: 10->20%, maximum resist of any type: 95->80%
-Cannot zone transition during combat (Unfortunately would require exceptions to work, so *shrug*).  Alternatively, opponents who have ever spotted you upon leaving gain full awareness, 100 initiative bonus and boosted to full health on next encounter.
-10% resists all around added to enemies (before maximum however)
-10 dodge,evasion,fortitude,resolve added to every enemy
-Adrenaline/morphine last 3->2 turns
-Base player MP reduced by 30%
-Player AoE circles (grenades, LoC, etc) one less hex radius
-No more than X number of traps placeable in a room at one time.

Looks like a lot but isn't much for people who don't play severely abuse stuff ;)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 05:46:30 pm by Greep »

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Hard mode
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 05:30:39 pm »
Why stop there?  Beast -> temple of tchort :D

Also, edited reply to add a bit more to make the suggestion more practical.