Author Topic: Update idea to feat "Snipe"  (Read 1034 times)

Raven

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Update idea to feat "Snipe"
« on: July 22, 2019, 09:46:50 pm »
Have an idea to make this feat more usable, since right now it's 1 use per battle because of it's strict conditions, mainly - have to be in stealth and it's too much AP/MP to get back in stealth to use it again.

The change I propose is quite simple:
1)When used from stealth - no change
2)If you use it without the stealth in battle, then stealth bonus will not apply. So it will be 225% non crit shot.

It's quite logical, that a person can snipe with xbow/sniper rifle even if he is revealed, you just not gonna get surprise bonus.

What do you think? Is it gonna be too OP? Should we lower dmg to 200%, or 150%?  :-\

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Update idea to feat "Snipe"
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 09:53:45 pm »
Have an idea to make this feat more usable, since right now it's 1 use per battle because of it's strict conditions, mainly - have to be in stealth and it's too much AP/MP to get back in stealth to use it again.
But that's just not true. I restealth and use Snipe in the middle of a fight on a regular basis. You don't have to actually make enemies lose sight of you to use Snipe, entering stealth is enough. So as long as you have 10 AP required to go into stealth (you lose all AP and MP when you enter stealth, so make use of them beforehand) and can go the whole enemy turn without getting attacked, it's perfectly viable to use Snipe again.

Raven

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Update idea to feat "Snipe"
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 06:02:02 pm »
But that's just not true. I restealth and use Snipe in the middle of a fight on a regular basis. You don't have to actually make enemies lose sight of you to use Snipe, entering stealth is enough. So as long as you have 10 AP required to go into stealth (you lose all AP and MP when you enter stealth, so make use of them beforehand) and can go the whole enemy turn without getting attacked, it's perfectly viable to use Snipe again.

Thank you for answer. I know how snipe works and for me it's too much wasted time/ap/mp just to use it again compared to aimed shot.
1)10ap for stealth - it can be used for stun/hp meds/chems/etc.
2)Forcing to give up 1 shot from spearhead
3)have to do this a round before, since stealth takes away all remaining points (so no flexibility to use it when you need it)

I mean why we can't use snipe without stealth? Logically sniper can snipe even if enemy can see him/her, the only difference is that there will be no stealth bonus, but 225% dmg. is good enough most of the time to finish/kill someone. It will give some more opportunities and some flexibility for this feat: Do I want full power snipe? I will spend extra to prepare it. Do I need just enough damage to kill that guy in one shot? Gonna use snipe right away.