Author Topic: Guards and telepathic communication  (Read 3307 times)

BlackGyver

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Guards and telepathic communication
« on: December 09, 2012, 07:19:40 pm »
Here's the scene: the gambling club in the Junkyard (an uncontrolled zone), me hidden behind the guard in the surveillance room, nobody to watch the crime, and a guard soon dead by loss of blood (cut-throat and a few melee blows). "Easy peasy", I tell myself. Surely nobody would be able to trace this back to me, there wasn't even a gunshot !

Wrong. Before dying without even acting, the guard sent a mental distress call to the whole Junkyard, and soon - as if by magic - everybody seems to know I killed the guy. Leaving me with no other option than to go back in time and let him live. Damn.

Can someone explain this to me ? Is this an intended behavior ?

pringdew

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Guards and telepathic communication
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 08:16:48 pm »
awesome, i tried the same exact thing and got the same exact response, really perplexing for me as well...

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:22:33 pm »
That's wierd, I shot him in the small corridors between the halls, without anyone noticing, which I initially didn't think would work but to my surprise it did.

I'm not too sure but maybe it has something to do with the power switch in the southern part of the gambling club. I did turn the power off before the act, maybe that prevented things from getting ugly.

BlackGyver

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 08:44:03 pm »
That's wierd, I shot him in the small corridors between the halls, without anyone noticing, which I initially didn't think would work but to my surprise it did.

I'm not too sure but maybe it has something to do with the power switch in the southern part of the gambling club. I did turn the power off before the act, maybe that prevented things from getting ugly.

I'm talking about the guard in the surveillance room, not the gambler you need to kill/PP to get a pass for a sidequest (I killed this one without a problem). The guard I'm talking about doesn't move, and just stands in front of his screens and a footlocker.

I'll try the power thing, and also try to kill the last camera, to see if it has any effect (even though the camera doesn't see me killing the guy; no cameras in the surveillance room, only screens).

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 08:56:38 pm »
Oh sorry I missread your post. :P

BlackGyver

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 09:02:53 pm »
Killed the last camera, and went for the power switch; not long after switching the power off, a guard comes to put it back on. I tried to kill this one the same way; nobody could see me where I was, and I stealthily killed him before he could even act. I tried doing it without the crossbow (melee only), same thing; all his fellow faction members knew I killed him somehow.

This is really annoying. :(

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 09:05:32 pm »
How it currently works is that some characters broadcast their hostilities locally (for those who saw the attack) and some globally (area or faction level). Currently there's no way for player to know which ones do what except through trial and error.

In the future (and this is high on priority list) I'll work on more flexible and more transparent "murder rules". Stay tuned.

BlackGyver

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 09:08:07 pm »
I should really point out that the guy I killed was stunned all along, and that it was in an uncontrolled zone.

But I'm glad you're looking into it !