Author Topic: Terminator build for dominating difficulty  (Read 3722 times)

Gr8jak

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Terminator build for dominating difficulty
« on: April 16, 2020, 12:10:47 am »
So terminator build, name inspired by comment on youtube.

Well this build will make this difficulty laughable. All around survivability against everything, including dopplegangers which were counter for similar build on ordinary underrail.
So main weapon would be 7.62 hornet Ar with muzzle brake and rapid reloader (27 ap burst), and just in case same smg for 20 burst ap cost in offhand. Smg is here just when you fail to 1 burst someone with AR, should be rare, and when you use this new psi abillity that gives you 20 ap, or when you use adrenaline shot. Since i need to test this build but should be golden from previous experience, in case damage is low, just remove 2 agility bonus and put points into perception and int and take gun nut (that would be overkill imo).

Feat order is not included use your brain while you level up, was just clicking as i saw feat. No lockpicking and other non combat skills, you could easily squeeze in lockpicking but only that. Money isnt an issue but rly. Skills are good with crafting bonus.

Armor, what else super steel with hp bonus, and head with crit chance.

So that gives you constant 3 bursts +reload per round all 3 with ar, or worst case scenario 2ar, 1 smg. When you have that new psi +20 ap, you get 3ar bursts and 1 smg. Op id say. Plus you are wearing super steel with low penalties, uncany dodge, bunch of hp, nice initiative, maxed dodge evasion in combo with suppressive fire, makes this build feel like cheat mode.
Link

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HggDBgcNAwbCoHcAAMKWwqB_AAAAAHZ2SFNiAAAAPAAAACskJjFVOTsVwoc3ScKkKEVKwojCsUHin6IF4qKNA-KiowLip4IC4qeqA9-_

Just started playthrough with this build, and after hitting brick wall with that quest for gsm compound where you need the key (in locked container), modified the build a little, so unfortunately no uncanny dodge. Want to make smg shots more reliable, and put a little bit of lockpicking to help in early game. If you really want lockpicking dump dodge, or biology (to 100 with crafting bonus) if you dont want to use supersoldier drug.

So final build is this one (unless i improve it a bit).

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HggDBgcMAwfCoHcAAHzCoMKDABsAAHZ2R2BgAAAAPAAAACskJjFVOTsVwoc3ScKkKEVKwojCtVPin6IF4qKNA-KiowLip4IC4qeqA9-_
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 04:56:41 pm by Gr8jak »

Koveras

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Terminator build for dominating difficulty
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2020, 10:15:46 am »
Quick question! You have 50% armor penalty for Juggernault, down to 35 with nimble. That leaves you with about 135 base dodge/evasion. Even with very good tabis, how helpful can this really be in Dominating? It seems like a huge point investment for not much. And if the points in dodge are just for Uncanny, it is a little sad considering you wont get this feat before level 28, at which point you are already an unstoppable killing machine anyway.

Gr8jak

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 12:36:39 pm »
Read juggernaut carefully (unmodified).

And about dodge evasion, look at my video on youtube and see how it plays out, initiative aswell, just type in gr8jak underrail. Hmmm only video with super steel i got on youtube is in free drones base.

And yes it is abit late gamish, you can remove uncanny and go for smth else (2 points in perception and expertise, or 1 point perception, 1 point int, and gun nut might be better now when you mention late game), but experience in dominating is also massive, unless you level up as sseth says "hobo", you can easily hit level 25 by not even coming to core city. Kinda broken but it is what it is. Easy targets are those lunatics and ironheads, free exp and money.

Evasion pays quite good with suppressive fire, dodge i didnt try didnt have room for it in underrail non expedition, but you gonna dodge smth for sure, nothing better to put in anyway.

And you dont use tabis, where you can stack super steel you stack super steel. Even when smth hits you it tickles, only headwear is for crit chance.

Only problem are dopplegangers, but drugs help and sprint runing away. Psi users aswell, but with initiative you just burst them down first, so only dopplegangers really.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:55:02 pm by Gr8jak »

Koveras

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 06:04:18 pm »
First dont get me wrong, I have no doubt that this is an extremely strong build. AR are kinda broken....

I did watch your videos already, and I must point out that you did not evade a single shot during the free drone assault ;)

Fair point for the late game part. I play nearly all my runs as oddity, so I have a slightly different perspective on this.

For Juggernault: unmodified does not apply to Armor Slopping, you need your chest piece to have 50% armor penalty.  So your effective armor penalty will never go under 35% at best (moddified by nimble), which I used in my calculation. And if you used reinforced SS boots on top of that, your effective armor penalty will be 52%, lowering your dodge/evasion to about 100. With crit goggles your dodge is down to 75.

But why not, you get a 7 hit uncanny, and 25% aoe damage reduction from evasion. I would still prefer mercantile for easier crafting, especially on a no lockpicking/no hacking build. Or go for Power Managment, I'm pretty sure 35% more shield is a better boost to effective HP.

Gr8jak

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 02:05:42 am »
Hmmm ok, juggernaut am still not convinced gonna try it, i did evade those 2 crossbow shots at start and not many other shots were fired at me, you arent gonna evade much in leather aswell i think. So it is some worth, specially if you spec full combat.

Far as lockpicking and hacking and traps, what do you need those things anyway, there are no legendary drops in game as far as i know, something worth looting. I had left 100 corpses unlooted because i couldnt sell all of that, never had problem with money, so i dont see any point in those. Traps you will spot all, just walk around them or throw a grenade on them. So traps could be used for even more experience, hmm im swimming in it allready.

Lockpicking, hacking is worth imo only lorewise, but if you want to go for lore you spec into psi aswell and some other nonsense.

And just saw some speedrun on underrail he was using oddity so i guess it is abusable even more.

And power managment if i go for uncanny no room for it, seems sweet, but somehow you take more shield damage than health damage, so skipable.

With more research and thought put into skill points you can easiliy trim them a bit and put into 1 skill branch you want. But as i said i dont see a point.

And on juggernaut, seems i was right, you just have to put plates in untill you have 50 percent. But i put full plates in it i believe, cant remember been awhile, but pretty sure i go full plate in it, super steel ofc.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/250520/discussions/0/3140616601483626465/
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 02:47:53 am by Gr8jak »

Gr8jak

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2020, 04:48:31 am »
And on armor sloping and nimble, do not underestimate mobility, and you do get some worth out of dodge + evasion, not max but some.