Author Topic: Durability and Combat Sequence  (Read 6764 times)

Toe Tags

• Noob
    • View Profile
Durability and Combat Sequence
« on: April 06, 2013, 08:42:49 pm »
Hi guys,

I just bought the game, and i am loving it. But I see two MAJOR issues with it.
First of all gear degradation is simply terrible right now. I went from 350 to 40ish on my assault rife after 3 mags perhaps. I don't know what is the idea behind this, this game doesn't need severe money sinks like this one.
Second one, and game-breaking for me, is - no combat sequence at all. I am a turn based veteran, I am playing TB games for 20 years now, and this is the FIRST game I have seen that NEVER gives you an option to be the first to act in combat, even when you initiate it.

Am i missing something? And if not, is this an issue that dev will work on?

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Durability and Combat Sequence
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:07:24 am »
When you initiate combat, you go first.
Attacking from dialogue does currently not initiate combat.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

joejoefine

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 01:18:51 am »
I can initiate combat all the time, but that's because I use sneak, and then when I get into a good position I press enter and I can start combat how I like. If you walk in range of the enemy, then yeah all of your enemies will attack first.

Another thing you might do is wait around the corner, start combat, and then walk around and shoot and I guess you won't need sneak, but it would be difficult in some cases, and the other problem is you lose "focus" so your aim will likely be bad. So I recommend putting some points into sneak.

But otherwise maybe it would be a good idea to add something like sequence, so players with higher agility get to fire/move first.

Also I hope the repair issue is modified too, I think a lot of other people are voicing their concerns about it so something will probably be modified in upcoming patches, since the whole reason they were implemented (to prevent players from amassing too much wealth) apparently isn't even working as intended according to Styg's patch notes.  I hope he doesn't decide to increase the durability loss, because that would suck the fun out of the game by making ranged combat virtually impossible or extraordinarily irritating!

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 09:54:16 am »
As far as I'm informed, it's currently just the first 'real' iteration of the system.
Weapons have no base value + durability modified value, but just the latter, so finding a broken energy pistol (<2k), you spend two repair kits for 850 each, then sell the pistol for ~15k-20k.
Armor barely degenerates at all, and high durability items (or items with just better stats) aren't necessarily worth more.
It will probably be fixed in the next iteration.
Partially Random loot always has some problems, but it's better than always the same stuff.

And yes, initiating combat without stealth is a bit of a pain. It's possible, though, and melee against melee, it's probably best not to. ;)
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.