Author Topic: Question about killing Tchort  (Read 1294 times)

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Question about killing Tchort
« on: September 05, 2023, 05:42:28 pm »
Hi everyone!

I have a simple question: has anyone / any build managed to kill Tchort on Dominating difficulty in a single turn, and without weakening him by doing mutagen puzzle?

If this was ever done, please point me towards what build it is and where i can find details (post / video / story) about it, if such exist.

P.S. My 1st post. Please be kind to me if there's anything wrong with it, ok?

P.P.S. Thing is, i got me a build which i think could do it, if i properly prepare and buff up; using just regular gear (which i used for late game most of the time) and just couple simple buffs, i am able to bring Tchort just 1 hit short of dying, in 1 turn. So i wonder whether my build is just good, or perhaps super good. Never know it for sure without comparing to other players' experience, me thinks.
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Question about killing Tchort
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023, 09:54:24 pm »
There are many builds that can kill Tchort in one turn
Valor's favorite poster

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023, 10:24:17 pm »
There are many builds that can kill Tchort in one turn
I doubt that "many" builds can, for Dominating that is. I mean, maybe some builds can do it, but certaintly not the majority of possible / good (for general play) builds. In lower difficulties, sure, many builds can do it. Tchort got 8k health in Dominating plus high resists, while i see people mentioning he's got 2k health in some lower difficulty.

Am i wrong here?
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023, 11:30:52 pm »
Played with Tchort some more, and developed a tactic which almost always prevents any single attack from Tchort and his minions. I.e., he dies in 2 turns and fails to even _try_ to hurt player character. Now that, i think quite a rare feat indeed very few builds could do - again, in Dominating difficulty, that is, 'cause 8k health while resisting ~half of damage even despite W2C ammo - means the thing is a big-time bullet sponge.

I mean, i never seen any build just entering Tchort chamber in Dominating and wiping him out like he's nobody - no preparation, no strong buffs (i could bring gear and consumales to get at least ~20% more damage per hit, but i was confident i won't need these), etc.

Thus i recorded a video of it: to share this "can't touch me!" tactic i discovered, and to show some core things of my build (which i show after Tchort dies), and to just confirm i ain't pulling some prank here.

About the tactic:

- only doable with a sniper rifle, because 2nd-turn shots are made from 15+ tiles distance, and nothing else works from that far away;

- gotta start the fight from stealth and exactly on the tile i start it on: 1 tile closer and tentacles agro, while any tile further means more running towards Tchort to place Tekekinetic Proxy right next to Tchort (to put a source of light near him), which for this build means ~100% crit chance for all shots, from Ambush and high Stealth skill;

- in the end of 1st turn, gotta run back at least to the tile i ran to. Anything closer, and tentacles may do an attack. But a tile or even three tules further back - is ok and recommended, if extra APs / MPs are availalble near the end of 1st turn (from rapid reloader proc in 1st turn, higher agility from core stats or buffs, etc).

The rest is self-explanatory in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTt7NIQ_s24

P.S. Gotta say, enjoyed playing this build throughout the game very much, too - it dominates Dominating like no other i tried or seen played by others, so far. Does come with a grain of salt though - 95% cap on chance to hit means that now and then it's reloading-earlier-save time, like when two 95% shots miss in a row. Does not happen any often, yet still a nuisanse i guess.

Eidein

• Oculite
  • Zoner
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 09:34:07 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m-qRmbRhrw

Bro you dont even 1 shot him, watch this for real men tactics.
We can, we must

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2023, 09:41:32 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m-qRmbRhrw

Bro you dont even 1 shot him, watch this for real men tactics.
Bro, you have no idea what you're talking about. In the video you linked, you can pause at 1:07 mark and read the following in the combat log: Snipe hit for 13136 damage, of which 9223 damage is resisted. This means, actual damage inflicted was 13136 - 9223 = 3913 damage. Question: how this could 1-shot Tchort in Dominating difficulty where it got 8000 health? Answer: it couldn't. Conclusion: the video you've linked is not in Dominating difficulty - inlike the one i linked above, as you can clearly see from my combat log as well as me hovering over Tchort's health bar.

Sorry, but if you're going to diss someone - then please, make sure you do it well, or you gonna get a cold shoulder, bro. ;)

Eidein

• Oculite
  • Zoner
    • View Profile
    • My youtube
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2023, 09:51:11 pm »
Snipe hit for 13136 damage, of which 9223 damage is resisted. This means, actual damage inflicted was 13136 - 9223 = 3913 damage.

The game was on Dominating difficulty. You don't know how it works. The snipe did 13k damage and he resisted 9k meaning it hit him for 22k damage.

I have a screenshot of me doing 150k dmg to a rathound so a 1shot on tchort isn't that hard.

All my videos are on DOM there's even 15 hours worth of streaming for that 1 build on the channel.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 09:57:34 pm by PoopiemcButtface »
We can, we must

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2023, 09:58:39 pm »
Snipe hit for 13136 damage, of which 9223 damage is resisted. This means, actual damage inflicted was 13136 - 9223 = 3913 damage.

The game was on Dominating difficulty. You don't know how it works. The snipe did 13k damage and he resisted 4k meaning it hit him for 17k damage.

I have a screenshot of me doing 150k dmg to a rathound so a 1shot on tchort isn't that hard.

All my videos are on DOM there's even 15 hours worth of streaming for that 1 build on the channel.
Bro, you're right! I mean, i do know how it works, it's just my brain seemingly failed to even fathom a possibility you did over 20k Snipe there. My bad! Funny, too - talk about confirmation bias, right?

Really sorry about that, bro. Also, yeah, what you put in that rifle - antimatter-uranium slugs? :D

Maybe i'll take a look at your channel, too. You got me curious. Thanks for posting, bro!

P.S. Yeah, now i feel small. You evil man, bro, you know? A little bit evil, yeah. :D