Underrail > Suggestions

Power management on regenerative vest bug? Drains 1.35x the energy for nothing

(1/1)

citizen the 4th:
Hello, I was recommended this game by a dear friend and it's been amazing. After core city, I grabbed the power management feat since I seem to rely heavily on it for my night vision goggles, energy gun and my regenerative riot gear.

I noticed that it seems to drain 1/10th of its energy every turn, it had 50 energy one and it drains 5 energy per turn and healing for 30
My new armor uses a q70 one, and I used it to build a new gear with power management, it had 72 energy cap and heals for 32 per turn.

Then I noticed it still drains 10% of the energy per turn! After 10 turns my armor was out of juice, I was wondering if this was since it heals for more, 7 energy for 32 hp instead of 30 - 5 energy.../... which is a terrible rate? I checked the wiki and then it stated:
"Also any armor using regenerative vest, although the cost of healing is always 10% of the energy capacity. Therefore with or without Power Management armor with a regenerative vest can only heal for ten turns from full energy charge."

Is this a known issue, is it intentional? If so , why? Can it be fixed?

Right now its a feat that legitimately makes an armor more expensive for no reward, while also making emps hurt more - it costs an entire feat slot too. 

I enjoyed the game but having a long awaited crafted armor with the relevant feat and seeing it only gimping me is a terrible feeling!

haze1103:
I do wish Power Management came with some minor EMP resistance, just to bring the damage equivalent to how it would be without the feat.

I also think the feat shouldn't affect Regenerative Vest, since no energy core is involved.

Another approach would be to change the feat to instead reduce energy consumption on crafted items, leaving capacity untouched.

None of the other crafting feats have drawbacks like this, as far as I know.

HulkOSaurus:
I think it might just be way it's working atm.

It would be cool if you could get another 3 turns of free healing from the vest, not gonna lie.

Too early to despair, though - you can still craft yourself a good shield emitter with over 2k capacity and/or energy weapons with extra shots. 

TheAverageGortsby:

--- Quote from: citizen the 4th on November 11, 2020, 05:06:47 am ---Is this a known issue, is it intentional?

--- End quote ---
It is a long-known issue.  Styg certainly knows about it, and if he had wanted to change it I suspect he could have done so long ago.  Unless he's changed his mind recently, this is working as intended.  Yes, it's a nerf to your regen vest.  But OTOH, your goggles, shield, and taser benefit hugely from the feat, as would your energy pistols if you use them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version