Author Topic: Skill related mini games  (Read 3130 times)

Hans_Sanitizer

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Skill related mini games
« on: December 19, 2012, 11:04:23 pm »
This is just a suggestion, anyone favor mini games for say: pickpocketing, lock picking, and hacking? Of course this is a huge endeavor to take on, but it would be sweet to have something else to rely on other than just a pure skill check.

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Skill related mini games
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2012, 06:41:21 am »
Well not everybody likes these kind of minigames (I hated them in Bioshock, hated them in Skyrim, Oblivion...) and obviously I do prefer current thing. Especially as you probably remember in the Fallouts there was just pure skill check. And in other, older games too. So why fix something that ain't broken?

The whole idea of minigames... I'm all for puzzles, but why force player to use ANY arcade elements in turn based RPG?

Tomwa

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2012, 06:48:03 am »
I find this aspect of the game to be excellent as is, I found Skyrim lockpicking to be just dreadful (so monotonous), and it really took me out of the mood of the game.

Dickie

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2012, 01:25:23 pm »
Please no minigames. RPGs are about character skill, not player skill. Minigames are just tedious chores.

Hans_Sanitizer

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 10:01:35 pm »
Yeah, you guys are right. This game probably isn't the place for mini games. Some puzzles here and there would be nice though.

pringdew

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 10:20:04 pm »
no mini games please....and trying to figure out the where i have been, where i am going, and where i need to be is puzzling enough without a built in mapping whatzit....