Author Topic: Disappointing stealing  (Read 1622 times)

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Disappointing stealing
« on: January 17, 2019, 08:24:41 am »
Stealth stealing is disappointing. Get high stealth using all the tricks: high stealth, cloaking device, agility food, cave hopper gear, etc. Then position yourself in that one tiny spot where you aren't seen, wait for guards to pass, and sneak right under the nose to get into their desk! You hold your breath, hurriedly clicking, aaaaand...a quality 39 part. Seems this is the norm, and I always find it so disappointing. Same goes for containers with very high skill requirements, etc. I usually skip it all, now that I know, and I would love to see some slightly more rewarding stuff for high stat/skill requirements.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointing stealing
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 09:22:55 am »
Pick pocketing stays pretty useful I would say, you can get some decent oddities and expensive consumables out of it.

But stealing and has always been kinda dissapointing beyond the early levels, I don't think it should be massively changed but something should be done about 80+ lockpicking/hacking containers that have trash loot in them, and the secret Perception check areas which again can very easily generate trash loot or no notable loot at all.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointing stealing
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 10:53:06 am »
I have various minor gripes but none of them obscure the fact that this is basically my favorite game of all time. I find that the very best games get the most constructive criticism. Would love to see some loot balancing across the board but I don't think I'll get to see it. Then again, mobs were added to balance out Hard/Dominating so you never know.

Would like to see areas such as the crawler hive south of Rail Crossing give better loot as well. Just narrowly survived a 10 or so Death Stalkers, plus assorted Crawlers and a Black Crawler or two. I got...a gun? plus a couple other items useless at level 21. Ah well, 'twas a very fun fight.