Author Topic: Bunch of issues, suggestions, questions and stuff.  (Read 8457 times)

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Bunch of issues, suggestions, questions and stuff.
« on: May 25, 2014, 10:41:56 am »
  • Can't split items in containers when holding Shift.
    Also can't merge two stack of items in container. Sorting items does not do this either.

• Alt+Shift = split and move to container.
    Or split and move to PC inventory for items in container. Possibly that's how it is supposed to work and is just bugged (:

• Description of Perceptions is lacking compared to other attribute scores.
    It only tells you how does it affect the game. It would be nice to put something about attention to detail, reaction time and stuff like that.

• It would be nice to know how many attacks remain to trigger Pneumatic Strike. Currently I have to remember this and it's easy to forget during Underrail's engaging, breathtaking, action packed combat (:
  • SGS Traders after getting better gear do not own more $.
    Seems logical to give traders more $ if they deal with more expensive items. But maybe it's economy balancing measure.

• Merchants in Hathor not trading in skins/organs.
    Hathor camp looks like perfect place to deal in this kind of wares.

• Quinton not getting better stuff when other SGS merchants do.
  • Is there a weapon merchant in the Foundry?
  • Where can I sell captured Cave Hoppers?
  • Material does not affect combat gloves.
    It affects armors, boots and other melee weapons. Any plans to change this?

• EMP mines twice as expensive to craft as EMP grenades.
    Not counting mine/grenade case. Gunpowder mines/nades have equal component requirements.

• Crafting bear traps too expensive.
    Even the cheapest metal plates have value of about 500. 5 traps have value of only 200. It differs greatly from other crafting recipes. Maybe number of traps could depend on quality/price of metal plates?

• Selected recipe inventory filter.
    That would be really helpful. This game has lots of items and every update adds even more.

• Automatic component selection.
    An option that, when turned on, would automatically select components each time recipe is selected. It would spare us some drag&dropping.

• 25%20% AP reduction for pneumatic crossbows.
    It would make them fire for 20 AP and it would open extra possibilities like: 'Electrokinesis + shoot' , '2 * shoot + medicine/recharge/taser' and possibly more. I hope I'm not asking for too much (:

• How does Electronics Expert work exactly? What bonus is applied to what items? I checked some of them and they were getting reduced energy consumption with the exception of shield emitters. It would be cool if it worked like this because reduced consumption is superior to extra capacity with possible exception of shield emitters.
  • Tranquility not working with Force Emission. Is it intended?
  • Merchants buy only limited amounts of chemical ammo, unlike regular ammo types.
  • Container window does not scale with resolution while inventory screen does. Would be cool if it did as well.
  • In Core City I could not find a merchant that sells crossbows, bolts, traps, leather armors, stuff like that. Junkyard and Hathor have such merchant. Did I miss him/her? If not, maybe it could be added? I was rather unimpressed by number of merchant is Core City, TBH.
    If i missed this merchant, don't tell me where he/she is (:
  • At SGS elevator, it would be helpful if number of dialogue option would always be same as number of station level it leads to. It would make using elevator faster an less error prone.
  • Pyrokinetic Stream does not seem to be able to crit. I've tried it 10+ times with 26% crit chance to no avail. No single tick have critted.
  • Adrenaline shot has "temporarily removing any fatigue" in it's description. But how can it cancel Fatigue effect if it's cooldown is 12, duration is 3 and Fatigue's duration is 9? Fatigue will end before i will be able to use Adrenaline shot again. Or are there other sources of Fatigue effect?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 04:31:25 pm by hilf »

Zephyros

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Bunch of issues, suggestions, questions and stuff.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 11:20:30 am »
There is a weapons merchant in Foundry, but he requires high Persuasion. I believe his name is Kevin, near Bryan.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 03:07:17 pm »
Thanks. I wondered why he is so useless :P

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 07:42:15 pm »
(Poor) answers to questions:
9. Nowhere!  :(
Hunting and selling hoppers was a nice little detail before the trader system was changed to its current form. There are still a few items that you can't sell anywhere, most (if not all) of them tools.

Food merchants will buy captured hoppers.

Still not useful to buy dog cages to make money since the patch (unless you have a decent mercantile skill).

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 03:56:10 am »
(Poor) answers to questions:
9. Nowhere!  :(
Hunting and selling hoppers was a nice little detail before the trader system was changed to its current form. There are still a few items that you can't sell anywhere, most (if not all) of them tools.

Food merchants will buy captured hoppers.

Still not useful to buy dog cages to make money since the patch (unless you have a decent mercantile skill).

Thanks for the info! I totally missed that change from the last version. Looks like the value of captured hoppers has also been cut from 250 to 100.

NP :D

I guess they realized that selling captured hoppers was the best way to make some extra cash early game and nerfed it big time?

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 08:59:41 am »
Given how excruciating that is, I wouldn't mind, actually.
Seems most characters end up immensely rich if they invest in Mercantile and don't draw all their power from bursting high caliber SMGs.^^
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 02:21:45 pm »
Given how excruciating that is, I wouldn't mind, actually.
Seems most characters end up immensely rich if they invest in Mercantile and don't draw all their power from bursting high caliber SMGs.^^

I'm finding that my characters end up immensely rich regardless :o

I've stopped really carrying around loot because I have like 10 stacks of Charons and nothing to buy- not to mention the cave system is so huge now that you'd have to make a lot of trips to carry this stuff back-and-forth.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: I have put 0 points in mercantile. Kind of wondering if there's any point now.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 02:57:25 pm »
1. Fixed
2. No it wasn't intended. I might implement this when I get around to improving the UI next time.
3. Done.
4. I might rework it to get displayed like Combo at some point.
5. Intended.
6. They've been tweaked to make more sense.
7. Fixed.
8. General merchant sells some weapons and there's also a hidden merchant.
9. Dunno, someone mentioned it can be sold as food.
10. No plans at the moment. Might happen at some point.
11. Fixed.
12. Quanitity from quality thing was briefly discussed here: http://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=946.msg5275#msg5275. What I did do though is increase the amount of bear traps and caltrops that are created when not using poison to 10 and also reduced the cost of metal plates.
13. 14. I might implement this when I get around to improving the UI next time.
15. Eh, I probably had a good reason for leaving it at 21 :P
16. As epeli suggested, it reduces cost where it can be applied (such as weapons) or it increases capacity where former is not possible (energy shields).
17. Tranquility has been reworked and now reduces AP so it won't be affecting Force Emission which is an on-hit effect.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 03:54:33 pm »
I meant to ask this before:

What is Pneumatic Strike???

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 04:02:10 pm »
I think he means the bonus damage effect on Pneumatic Gloves that triggers every fourth hit.
http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pneumatic_Hammer
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 05:30:33 pm »
I think he means the bonus damage effect on Pneumatic Gloves that triggers every fourth hit.
http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pneumatic_Hammer

Ohhhhhh, right! Thanks :D

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2014, 03:12:11 pm »
Thank you guys for all your answers!

For 14, rather than making it pick a component automatically, it could be nice if the component slots had dropdown menus?
Eg. click on any component slot and you get a list of all usable components in your inventory for that slot. Click on a component to use it on the recipe.

Yeah, that could work too.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2014, 03:56:30 pm »
Few more things:

18. Merchants buy only limited amounts of chemical ammo, unlike regular ammo types.
19. Container window does not scale with resolution while inventory screen does. Would be cool if it did as well.
20. In Core City I could not find a merchant that sells crossbows, bolts, traps, leather armors, stuff like that. Junkyard and Hathor have such merchant. Did I miss him/her? If not, maybe it could be added? I was rather unimpressed by number of merchant is Core City, TBH.
21. At SGS elevator, it would be helpful if number of dialogue option would always be same as number of station level it leads to. It would make using elevator faster an less error prone.
22. Pyrokinetic Stream does not seem to be able to crit. I've tried it 10+ times with 26% crit chance to no avail. No single tick have critted.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 06:49:43 pm by hilf »

captainmeow

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 01:53:01 pm »
20. In Core City I could not find a merchant that sells crossbows, bolts, traps, leather armors, stuff like that. Junkyard and Hathor have such merchant. Did I miss him/her? If not, maybe it could be added? I was rather unimpressed by number of merchant is Core City, TBH.

the general store sells all of those bits, usually all very high quality too

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 05:51:48 pm »
23. Adrenaline shot has "temporarily removing any fatigue" in it's description. But how can it cancel Fatigue effect if it's cooldown is 12, duration is 3 and Fatigue's duration is 9? Fatigue will end before i will be able to use Adrenaline shot again. Or are there other sources of Fatigue effect?