Author Topic: Unarmed Psi build advice  (Read 8009 times)

bishopcheck

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Unarmed Psi build advice
« on: October 28, 2016, 11:02:53 pm »
So I came up with an unarmed build, but I'm not sure if it's viable.

http://underrail.info.tm/?build=AwGlEYQJgVhBmE4BsJWMeUdS6fOceCY-PPATlGXLUNIHZ6cxXqQGkAOBKBDdBRAAWRMJ7ChMTjTSomQA

There's 1 feat left, and I'm pondering between expertise, escape artist, deflection, and psycostatic electricity.

I figure 4ap attacks, unless the wiki is wrong. Which allows for serrated infused leather boots for the crit or crit damage and the bleed procs with infused rathound armor. I feel like there's no way around picking up trap skill, with low con and per, traps will be a death sentence. I wanted Electronics for a good psi helm, but couldn't figure out a way to fit it in.

Issues:

1. With that many attacks, I'm not sure how to manage psi points.
2. Point distribution between traps/mechanics/bio - I don't know how much mechanics/bio you need to craft with infused leather.
3. Not sure if this is even the right way to go about it. Maybe ditch taste for blood and vile weapons for more defensive feats, I think that would free up bio as well(but maybe I'm wrong I can't remember).

I'm sure there's a better way to go about this whole thing so any advise?

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Unarmed Psi build advice
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 06:20:24 am »
Cheap Shots, Expose Weakness ... but no Fancy Footwork ):

If you're fine with dropping 1 DEX (which can be replaced with food) and add it to AGI - do this and take FF.
Oh, and drop Sprint, it just does not compare to FF, with your build.

Traps is way too high. Something like 120 effective skill level should be enough. And don't forget trapper's belt.

Infused leather has very low Mechanics need, 32 is enough. No bio needed.

bishopcheck

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 09:31:54 am »
Awesome epeli and hilf, thanks for the feedback.

@epeli - So I'm guessing your build would use leather gloves + tabi's? Dropping Crit power seems like a big deal though. Maybe drop sprint for it instead?

@hilf - The food buff idea does sound alright, I wonder how annoying that might get though.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 10:17:15 am »
Food lasts 20 minutes, is cheap and you'll need it only for harder fights.
Fancy Footwork is well worth it. Picking this feat was single best decision i made with my DEX melee build, by far.

Tchort guide You.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 11:09:15 am »
Cheap Shots add 50% melee crit dmg.

RodrigoVega

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 11:39:45 am »
A good thing to know : Telekinetic proxy is a bit bugged (don't know if it was mentioned before).

Tranquility will not work with it.
But Premeditation is not cancelled after using telekinetic proxy.

So for example you launch Premeditation, then telekinetic proxy for free (in terms of AP) and you can still use another psi abilitiy for free after that.
     - With a STRENGTH psi-monk (with corporeal projection) it's awesome because you can launch a free Telekinetic Punch at the end of the turn.
And you do a lot of damage with a double Telekinetic Punch boosted by your strength.
     - Or you can just move your Telekinetic proxy around for free for the next 3 turns if you don't need to use another psi ability
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:53:20 am by RodrigoVega »

bishopcheck

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2016, 09:10:03 pm »
I just finished GMS with epeli's build.

Some notes
1. W/O lockpicking or hacking or strength there's no easy way to avoid the bots. Killing them was a bit of a pain, I think picking force user instead of LP my last lvlup would have made things much easier, since punching still does like 0 damage against bots w/o expose weakness. Relying on stun+kite until they died.

2. Traps....I'm not sure quick tinker will be worth it since trap skill is low, I feel like there's only 1 usefull trap that I'll be able to use and that's bear trap.  And even then will that be worth it? Won't most enemies see the trap easily with such low trap skill?

3. Psi management is already an issue. I use half my psi points in a single round of punching, more than that if I use any skills. hmm

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah cheap shot + crit power takes your base 100% crit damage to 225%, pretty huge. Though I suppose without max dex+recklessness it might not be as useful....

Regarding expertise. That double proc sounds pretty good, but against armored guys it doesn't seem like it would do much, while instead I could focus on better/more consistent crits since those will still do good damage against high armor. But again w/o the dex and recklessness...maybe Wildan can tell us what's what.

Tele proxy + premed....wow

Off to try out depot A....

« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:25:37 pm by bishopcheck »