Author Topic: Lora Baker (endgame spoilers!)  (Read 2821 times)

Sanger

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Lora Baker (endgame spoilers!)
« on: February 03, 2016, 03:09:18 pm »
Currently slogging through DC. Not as bad as I'd initially suspected it would be, probably in large part thanks to changes made within the last month. I've chosen all of the options to befriend the Faceless, went directly over to their camp and got mindread after descending to DC. They greeted me as an ally, gave me some supplies and allowed me to see Lora. Now, the game is hinting that Lora will maybe be sent back to SGS post-game.

My question is, will the Faceless get stroppy and refuse to let her go if I go and say hi to the Tchortists, as well? Or is her survival locked in at this point, assuming I can actually kill Tchort? I kind of need access to a trader pretty badly (Leo notwithstanding) but I don't want to screw this quest up, and I'm doing so much backtracking and scouring the galaxy for trinkets and gewgaws that if I get to the end and Lora gets shot in the head or something for my sins, I'm probably just going to say screw it and be done with the game.

MichaelBurge

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Lora Baker (endgame spoilers!)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 03:14:38 pm »
There's one event shortly after Tchort that might piss the Faceless off. I don't know if she's safe if you do it wrong, but you'll know it when you see it and it'll be obvious how to keep the Faceless happy.

Tolstoi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 04:02:11 pm »
I talked to the Tchortists after befriending the Faceless with no problems in relations resulting. They still returned Lora after the final battle. That said if you run any quests for them, which mostly involve going against the tunnelers, that might change. I didn't actually carry any of them out to see for myself, but it's something you should be wary of.

You don't need to do anything other than talk your want into Cytosine Outpost to trade, however; the Tchortist quests just make gathering supplies to get to Tchort a little easier.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:05:57 pm by Tolstoi »

player1

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 08:17:16 pm »
Agreeing to do quest for Tchortists before mind read, will anger Faceless and make them hostile.

On the other hand, I'm not sure if doing it other way around (mind read, then agree to the quest) will have negative consequences.

Anyone knows?