Author Topic: Build Theorycraft: Chem pistol Throwing knife  (Read 810 times)

scalymanfish

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Build Theorycraft: Chem pistol Throwing knife
« on: February 12, 2024, 02:21:44 am »
Here's the first second draft of the build : https://underrail.info/build/?HgMQBAoDAwcjwqAAwqAewqBGSzIAADJGcWsoAAAARgAAWsKjJi8nWFFWwpFew5NOGx8rwofCs3djw4gabeKouwPita4K4r2OAt--

https://underrail.info/build/?HgMQBQkDAwcjwqAAwqAewqBSPzIAAChNX21NAAAARgAASMKjJi8nWFFWwpFew5NOGythKsKzwoh3w4gabeKouwPisrsF4rWuB9--

In the second draft, I dropped con to 9 and put agility to 5 for sure step. We plan on abusing poisoned caltrops to help control the battlefield and we don't want metal boots. I replaced Thick skull and last stand with premeditation and future orientation (for LTI and Stasis synergy)

For gear, obviously end game we want CAU armor with Sea Wyrm Tabi's, NVG/crit goggles. Obviously advanced catalyzing belt and fire/freeze crafted chempistols with the XAL as the star of the show. Knife throwing gloves in the offhand.

Early game, I'm thinking a stealth siphoner jumpsuit with mutant dog tabi's for the acid resist and evasion/dodge buff. We can swap out the mutant dog for siphoner tabis if we grab sure step.

For game-play, we stealth into combat, chuck knives at a distance until enemies get closer, then open up with the chem pistol and hope for a CC to continue throwing knives for that opportunist bonus. If we take sure step, we can preload the battlefield with caltrops to ensure we have enough movement to run away from fools in melee distance or break line of sight from ranged targets. Later on, we can poison/ spread acid puddles everywhere and go into stasis whilst everything around us withers and dies or becomes stunned from crawler poison. We can also use fatal throw to give us back some AP for more chem pistol shots.

What do you guys think? We should be relatively tanky, focusing more on NOT getting hit and having stasis as an "oh shit" button. I believe if we can fine tune skill point allocation skill points have been fine tuned however not sure about feat order. I'm also working on the specialty points. I dropped Versatility from 10 to 7 going from 280 guns to 259. I did this so we could max out fatal throw AP recovery and cooked shot reduced AP cost. In theory, cooked shot accuracy and AoE capability will make up for the diminished versatility returns. One last problem that's haunting me is the Nimble feat. I'll be able to make use of it until I get CAU armor, then it's goes from good to alright. 15% less armor penalty while wearing the CAU might be good, but I'm not sure if it's worth the feat investment.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 03:15:34 pm by scalymanfish »

Lowin Bayrod

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Build Theorycraft: Chem pistol Throwing knife
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2024, 07:54:10 pm »
With enough perception you could see the hidden ladder to get Grampus for both barbed nets & early corrosive acid, both are really great for your build so maybe add snooping and/or perception to your build ? :-\ 

scalymanfish

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Build Theorycraft: Chem pistol Throwing knife
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 05:54:21 am »
So i've decided to scrap this build because I felt throwing knives weren't adding much to the build other than AP generation. I think going forward, spending those throwing knife feats on melee knife feats would be better. You're going to be close range anyways using a chempistol, and I believe a knife has more damage potential/utility.