Underrail > General

Syphoner man?

<< < (2/7) > >>

Altos:

--- Quote from: epeli on July 18, 2017, 03:47:07 pm ---- Styg's doppelganger in Junkyard

--- End quote ---

Styg has a doppelganger in Junkyard?

Also, more mysteries of Underrail, ordered arbitrarily:

- Bladelings of Unusual Size (I don't think they exist)
- East and West Underrail
- Brzozplno Nebrechega Skontam (what does it mean??)
- What the trains look like on the inside
- lux-c4 (go home map, you're drunk)
- the door in cv-14 (you know the one)
- that door in the lair of the final boss
  - related: where the heck the Faceless go to after [redacted]
- Maurice (some people call him the Space Cowboy)
- Eidein's ultimate fate
- the meaning of life loot is life. life is loot.

Mac Orion:

--- Quote from: Altos on July 18, 2017, 08:03:41 pm ---
- lux-c4 (go home map, you're drunk)

--- End quote ---

Let's not speak about that anymore....

Altos:

--- Quote from: epeli on July 19, 2017, 07:08:31 am ---Important on-topic addendum: As far as I can tell, siphoner men are not particularly fond of mushrooms.

--- End quote ---

Initializing goose_chase.exe

--- Quote from: epeli on July 19, 2017, 07:08:31 am ---We can't risk AI Styg overtaking the world, even if it would mean faster Underrail releases.

--- End quote ---

And more frequent dev logs! ;D don't hurt me plz I have a family

On a more serious note:

--- Quote from: epeli on July 19, 2017, 07:08:31 am ---- it's explained by someone ingame

--- End quote ---

So there actually is an in-game explanation for this? I've been looking for info on this for ages, but I've never been able to find anything more than the line "Except for one. Eidein's body was never found." from the ending slides. Could you please give me a hint as to where I should look to find out what happened to Mr. Metal-face in the end?
I've always just killed him to get the keycard--I've never lockpicked the door--so I don't know if that has something to do with why I get that particular ending slide every time.

Megaost:

--- Quote from: Altos on July 19, 2017, 01:25:10 pm ---So there actually is an in-game explanation for this? I've been looking for info on this for ages, but I've never been able to find anything more than the line "Except for one. Eidein's body was never found." from the ending slides. Could you please give me a hint as to where I should look to find out what happened to Mr. Metal-face in the end?
I've always just killed him to get the keycard--I've never lockpicked the door--so I don't know if that has something to do with why I get that particular ending slide every time.

--- End quote ---

So maybe this is already explained by the guy you are referring to Epeli, but my last bossfight I noticed how incredibly uncanny a resemblance the Mouth of Tchort had to Eidein.

There is a portait on the wiki of him appearently, just take a look if you want to see what I mean.

Altos:

--- Quote from: epeli on July 19, 2017, 02:47:51 pm ---Go and have a chat with a particularly talky faceless commander, you know the one. His dialogue had few unreachable branches before the experimental patches earlier this year. You've probably missed those. You might also want to try taking a less antagonistic stance with the institute tchortists someday, just to get a bit wider perspective to what happened there right before your descent.

--- End quote ---

Ah, perhaps I should have been more specific. I always killed Eidein to get the keycard during the Faceless invasion. For role-play purposes, I would ally with him up until the point when he refuses the player entry into the Deep Caverns while standing right in front of the elevator, and then I would choose the *Attack!* dialogue option and focus on killing Eidein and Samuel while the other Tchortists are distracted by the invading Faceless. This way I can preserve my alliance with the Faceless, too. ;)

As silly as it sounds, I had never considered the possibility that the Faceless had just collected Eidein's body for observation, obvious as it sounds. I really feel like quite an idiot, as that makes by far the most sense! For some reason I always assumed that he somehow got up and walked away. But of course the Faceless would want to take him apart to see how he works.

I had actually already seen that particular bit of dialogue from the commander, too, when I went back to it on the experimental patch. I guess I just totally forgot that I had even read it! :P

Regardless, thanks for the help, epeli. It is much appreciated. :)

--- Quote from: Megaost on July 19, 2017, 10:58:46 pm ---So maybe this is already explained by the guy you are referring to Epeli, but my last bossfight I noticed how incredibly uncanny a resemblance the Mouth of Tchort had to Eidein.

There is a portait on the wiki of him appearently, just take a look if you want to see what I mean.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I definitely see what you mean, but given the info presented by the Faceless Commander (that is: that the Faceless collected his body), I think it's safe to say that they are not the same person. Although, maybe it was the physical appearance of the Mouth of Tchort which inspired Eidein's costume?

Oh, and sorry for derailing this thread so much. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version