Author Topic: Turning hostile in Tchort Institute *SPOILER*  (Read 7854 times)

Mercent

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Turning hostile in Tchort Institute *SPOILER*
« on: January 08, 2016, 05:01:37 am »
I decided to dick around during the interview to be accepted into Tchortism, saying things like 'yah, i smothered a baby', etc. They attacked me and i decided to go on an rampage because...why not? I killed everyone in the Institue including Eidein after many tries and acessed his elevator. Just when i pressed the elevator to the Deep Carvens, the Faceless attacked and now I am totally ***ked since no amount of reload can save me this time due to their overwhelming firepower.

Question: Has anyone ever succeeded in what I am trying to do, basically kill all Tchortists and the Faceless at the elevator? If so, will there be any consequences, say a positive relation with the Faceless? Shouldn't the Faceless not be hostile to me, the one who killed Eidein for them?

Toast

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Turning hostile in Tchort Institute *SPOILER*
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 06:58:20 am »
That's interesting. How were your relations with the Faceless during the rest of the game? Did you help them or attack them, or a mixture? Also, did you ever meet anyone in the West Wing of the Institute?

Mercent

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 08:14:09 am »
I killed the faceless at Rail Crossing. I rescued the faceless at Core City. I was friendly towards those at the Foundry. Am i supposed to meet anyone in the West Wing? I didn't check since it was all dark and devoid of Tchortists and so did not venture further. I will check it out and report back.

Edit: Ok, I met Six and i met the fellow i saved in the Core City but still the Faceless at the elevator turned hostile. I guess it makes sense since the Faceless i saved warned me that all will be eliminated and asked me to leave. Now the problem is that I CANT leave the bloody place. Is there anyway for me to get out of the institute??? I would love to return to Occulus HQ and meet Six again.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:36:30 am by Mercent »

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 10:17:31 am »
I decided to dick around during the interview to be accepted into Tchortism, saying things like 'yah, i smothered a baby', etc. They attacked me and i decided to go on an rampage because...why not? I killed everyone in the Institue including Eidein after many tries and acessed his elevator. Just when i pressed the elevator to the Deep Carvens, the Faceless attacked and now I am totally ***ked since no amount of reload can save me this time due to their overwhelming firepower.

Question: Has anyone ever succeeded in what I am trying to do, basically kill all Tchortists and the Faceless at the elevator? If so, will there be any consequences, say a positive relation with the Faceless? Shouldn't the Faceless not be hostile to me, the one who killed Eidein for them?
The faceless don't know at this point that you've killed all tchortists, including Eiden. If you talk to the faceless in west wing - which you can, provided you've saved him in core city - he will warn you that they basically attack on sight, and won't stop to chat. Considering that they are staging a big offensive, it wouldn't even make sense for them to pause and check if this one guy isn't the enemy.

Unfortunately, once you attack the tchortists (or they you), there is no way to leave the institute (well, there is a way, but you won't be able to return, thus breaking the main plot). You can however progress further, that's what my mage, who also failed the interview, did. At the elevator, you need to wait out the time until the lift arrives, and then board it. I think it takes about five turns; you can keep most of the faceless at bay by throwing cocktails (plenty of tchortists drop them) at the space between the barricades. Some will pass, but not all. You don't even have to kill them, my mage boarded the elevator with one of those armed rats, and it miraculously dissapeared on the way down. :D
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 10:22:22 am by chimaera »

Mercent

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 10:46:37 am »
I think it takes about five turns; you can keep most of the faceless at bay by throwing cocktails (plenty of tchortists drop them) at the space between the barricades. Some will pass, but not all. You don't even have to kill them, my mage boarded the elevator with one of those armed rats, and it miraculously dissapeared on the way down. :D
[/quote]

Wow. Nice one :D

I got sick and tired of reloading so i used 2 of my 'saved levels' to level my stealth to the max and with Clocking Device and etc added in, i got about 233 skill points in stealth. I managed to sneak my way close to the elevator before their 'eyes' turn red and after using adrenaline, i somehow made it inside the elevator and pressed the button. Unfortunately though, when i met with the Faceless Commander inside Deep Carvan, he decided that my killing spree in the Institute is not to be considered for merit and i remained neutral with them...Sigh...

How is it in your case?

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 11:26:37 am »
I haven't talked to the commander yet. But it will probably be the same as in your case, because I think that this particular path (fighting your way through the institute) is a bit underdeveloped.

For example: in order to free the rejected in the basement, I had to open the secret vent, so that they could use it to escape, even though at that point all the tchortist were dead and there was no point in sneaking through the ventilation system. The rejected simply don't acknowledge that the way is clear.

Mercent

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2016, 02:16:16 pm »
Well, since i didn't know that i will locked inside the Institute if i turn hostile, i am ill prepared for the Deep Carvans (my infused leathers are still outside!) and since the Faceless are not friendly, there are no way for me to resupply. I am pretty much screwed. I am guess my patience and drive is at an end. Underrail was fun from early to mid game but now at the end game, it is pretty underwhelming :( Disappointed..

I will just leave my character to rot in the deep with worms. Cheers.

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2016, 02:39:47 pm »
You should be able to leave the Institute. If you cannot open the front doors by yourself, there's still the hole in the West Wing that leads back to Upper Underrail.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2016, 03:03:38 pm »
You should be able to leave the Institute. If you cannot open the front doors by yourself, there's still the hole in the West Wing that leads back to Upper Underrail.
Is that exit two way? I assumed it wasn't, because you fall through the floor.

If the tchortists are hostile, the main door won't open from outside. This is what happened to my character when she used Nevil's escape route, she couldn't go back in.

Well, since i didn't know that i will locked inside the Institute if i turn hostile, i am ill prepared for the Deep Carvans (my infused leathers are still outside!) and since the Faceless are not friendly, there are no way for me to resupply. I am pretty much screwed. I am guess my patience and drive is at an end. Underrail was fun from early to mid game but now at the end game, it is pretty underwhelming :( Disappointed..

I will just leave my character to rot in the deep with worms. Cheers.
What build is your character and what do you need to restock? You can avoid some of the encounters (and it's better that way, because most of them are repetitive and boring). There is also a tchortist outpost, and you can outright lie to them that you are still a tchortist, though it involved a persuade check, because my mage had no tchortist robe with her; I think you can barter with them. I've also found lots of supplies (useless for my mage) in those abandoned warehouses.

And yep, my mage still has a locker full of "final battle" supplies in core city.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 03:09:25 pm by chimaera »

TΛPETRVE

• Scavenger
  • Obey the Schnibble!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 03:11:45 pm »
I'm quite sure there's also an alternate route into the Institute; anything else would be a gross oversight.
But the problem is, indeed, it zlots at Vlurxtrznbnaxl.

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 06:25:20 pm »
Nope, turns out there isn't. Reported in the bug forum.

Mercent

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2016, 05:01:47 am »

What build is your character and what do you need to restock? You can avoid some of the encounters (and it's better that way, because most of them are repetitive and boring). There is also a tchortist outpost, and you can outright lie to them that you are still a tchortist, though it involved a persuade check, because my mage had no tchortist robe with her; I think you can barter with them. I've also found lots of supplies (useless for my mage) in those abandoned warehouses.

And yep, my mage still has a locker full of "final battle" supplies in core city.  ::)
[/quote]

My chac is a sneaky, unpersuasive crossbow wielding fellow. Don't think i will be able to convince even a shroom let alone the Tchortists. Indeed there are tons of supplies in the warehouses but i think i am suffering from underrail overdose. I am kind of sick of exploring the gloomy caves and opening lockers...so i will just lay it off for a while.

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 09:38:51 am »

My chac is a sneaky, unpersuasive crossbow wielding fellow. Don't think i will be able to convince even a shroom let alone the Tchortists. Indeed there are tons of supplies in the warehouses but i think i am suffering from underrail overdose. I am kind of sick of exploring the gloomy caves and opening lockers...so i will just lay it off for a while.

Waiting might be a good idea - I have reported the "locked in tchort institute" bug and it looks like it might get fixed. If you still have a save from before descending to deep caverns, your character could get his supplies.