Author Topic: Riot strongarm warlock  (Read 1945 times)

Fufuneraire

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Riot strongarm warlock
« on: May 04, 2020, 01:18:42 pm »
Did normal with this (I'm not looking at performances, just to do the game and the story). I didn't find some spells (electrokinetic imprint and exothermic aura), but it worked all long.
I took some punch skills, because sometimes you're running low on psi (until you have 150, some psi armor and thermodynamicity). And punching things is good. Let me punch stuff if I want to :v

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HggDBAoDCggAAADCoAAAAAAAAABwexhWcADCoMKgAHjCoD8rCCQ_FC4qZEhXYz1EUMKCworCssKcwq5x4p2gBeKfmAPiorUC4qWyBd-_

Played it with psi/supersteel/kevlar riot armor, spiked gloves and boots (until I craft sea serpent spring boots and something better than "the claw" in endgame), omnipsi muffled psiband with cryokinetics upgrade and some hand-crafted hi-freq shield emitter with 600 shield.

Forget about "tranquility" in most fights : you won't play first. I took it for MOAR psi points. But sometime you'll initiate the fight, and will be MOAR stronger than usual :D
And "nimble" is for 15% armor penalty. It can make a difference. Especially if you craft some psi-crab shield (less cool than psi-beetle, but can block more dmg).

Feats are listed in order I found them.

Flaws :
- Big nagas are sport. Real sport :P
- Low movement.
- Punch are expensive in AP, but does kill alot of trash mobs.
- Can do nothing against dopplegangers, except yell and run.
- Explosives and bolts can sometimes hurt.
- Forget about locked things. Don't need anyway :v
- Long playthrought :P

Perks :
- Firework map cleaning.
- Kill everything close or far, organic or robotic.
- Lot of social skills.
- Specialized riot shield is gamebreaker against melee combat, especially "flurry" perk (enemy losts his turn if you parry one hit).
- Tanky.
- A "thick skull" build ! Awesome ! \o/
- Big backpack ! :D

[EDIT] And this is a noob-build, so I surely didn't "optimized" it.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 01:25:33 pm by Fufuneraire »

Vokial

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Riot strongarm warlock
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 06:37:18 am »
Max melee, max intimidation? It's a sin not to squeeze in the Brutality feat (and equip Death's Grin).

Fufuneraire

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Riot strongarm warlock
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 07:31:54 am »
Yes, but I didn't optimise melee first. Psi, then tank feats. No place for melee.
Punch takes 12 AP with a leather glove and there was alot of feat to take before :P
(and fire causes fear too, with more than 15% chances)

Maybe I shouldn't say "strongarm" in the title :P
Anyway, my shield arm is strong too :D