Author Topic: Nobody seems to believe you're Invictus  (Read 1639 times)

newageofpower

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Nobody seems to believe you're Invictus
« on: September 19, 2018, 03:25:43 am »
I've tried bragging to Ohad Xander, Sophie Talloski, and a bunch of others... Yet everyone is like "haha funny"

Is my game bugged? I'm planning on importing the character when expedition comes out anyhow...

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Nobody seems to believe you're Invictus
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 05:36:31 am »
It's meant to be funny, but some people do recognize you, like Twitch.
*eurobeat intensifies*

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2018, 12:53:37 pm »
It's a gag, and a good one, otherwise game would turn at this point in buffoonery where everyone bow down to you.

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2018, 10:31:54 pm »
Don't worry, this is normal. It's poking fun at a common troupe in RPGs where the protagonist often performs all these incredible feats and rises immediately to the top of every guild they enter, and yet nobody seems to recognize them. The best example of this, IMO, is in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, where (if you complete all of the quests) the protagonist becomes the leader of literally every guild in the entire game--Arch Mage of the Mage's Guild, Master of the Fighter's Guild, Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, etc., basically the de facto Emperor of the whole Realm--and yet half of the NPCs don't recognize you and the bandits still try to mug you with glass battleaxes. Skyrim has the same problem, but at least some of the people seem to know you're the Dragonborn, if nothing else.

I love mentioning the Invictus title to Six, who basically just ignores you and moves on with the conversation. He doesn't give a sh*t about your worthless mortal title. :P

EDIT: Also, if you agree to drink with the guy that runs the Chemistry Dept. in the Tchortist Institute, when you get really drunk you can lament about how nobody seems to recognize you as the Invictus, but the other guy's so drunk he doesn't really even hear you and I think that's hilarious.

All of the lines from that drinking game are hilarious and I want more of them in Expedition. :P "I think rathounds are cute! There, I said it! I know it's weird but it's true!" (paraphrasing from memory)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:37:22 pm by Altos »

crumbhouser

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 11:24:06 pm »
It's meant to be funny, but some people do recognize you, like Twitch.
I think all of the Oculus people (excepting Six) will actually acknowledge it, no?