Author Topic: Acid Pistol entanglement bugs.  (Read 1040 times)

Faeren

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Acid Pistol entanglement bugs.
« on: August 16, 2019, 09:20:04 pm »
The first is that, if the player applies a good entanglement (high damage per turn) then keeps firing at the target, they can end up re-applying a worse entanglement that deals less damage, while not a bug per se this kind of sucks since it basically disincentivises continuing to shoot at the target, as you can actually end up dealing less damage if you replace a 200DPT entanglement with a 50DPT entanglement. It would be preferable if a new entanglement was only applied if it has higher damage per turn than an existing entanglement.

The second is that entanglement damage doesn't seem to take the damage the target resisted into account:

Here I hit the strongman for 141 damage, with him resisting 76, my Acid pistols's entanglement deals 212% of damage dealt over 2 turns, that should be 106% per turn or in this case 149, however we're dealing 230 per turn, divided by 1.06 this is almost exactly 217, which is the damage I dealt before the Strongman's resistance was taken into account.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Acid Pistol entanglement bugs.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 09:26:35 pm »
Not sure but I think it shouldn't take into account traget resistance, it should just show your damage.

Faeren

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 10:37:52 pm »
Ah, I see what you mean. If the blob damage was reduced by resistance then after the entanglement damage is resisted it would basically have been resisted twice, I guess that's not a bug then. Though the issue with entanglement getting replaced by worse entanglement still stands.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 01:48:05 pm »
You see, not sure it's issue too.
I think it's fair if it work both ways - you applied better entanglement, you got it, applied worse - you got it too.
Or the first you applied is stay till the end no matter what.
I think first option is better.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 01:03:06 pm »
The second thing is definitely intentional. While the first one could perhaps work like the fire does in stacking and/or prolonging the effect, I think that might be a bit too powerful, so I'll leave it as it is for now.