Author Topic: Save overwriting error and Zone transition error  (Read 1228 times)

Elhoim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Save overwriting error and Zone transition error
« on: April 24, 2018, 11:37:31 pm »
It happened for some reason ever since I got to the foundry, the zone transition error I temporarily fixed by removing the auto save option since auto save overwrites the last auto save, hence I can't overwrite saves due to the error so it kicks me out of the game.

Update now I can't even quick save anymore, but can still manually save. Now I am afraid to even progress and I am not sure where the error logs go to so I can't link it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 03:05:36 am by Elhoim »

Elhoim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Save overwriting error and Zone transition error
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 08:01:29 pm »
I tried doing that option ingame. Overwriting anything is not possible auto saves/regular saves. Disabling auto save during transition allowed me to transition normally but there is still the error with overwrite saving/deleting. Here is the log.

Game Version: 1.0.3.20
Error: System.Exception: Failed to save game 'autosave'. Exception: System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
   at czv.al2(String A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2) ---> System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)
   at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
   at czv.al2(String A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at cqv.LogAndThrow[T](Exception innerException, LogSeverity severity, String message, Object[] messageArgs)
   at czv.al2(String A_0, Boolean A_1, Boolean A_2)
   at bek.zs(drc A_0)
   at a8c.g(drc A_0)
   at bjp.zs(drc A_0)
   at a8c.g(drc A_0)

Elhoim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Save overwriting error and Zone transition error
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 10:55:32 pm »
Please can anyone help me I love this game and this is the only thing keeping me from progressing slowly with the build up of saves due to not being able to overwrite manual saves or auto saves.

Update.

I even tried removing all the save files manually and making a character from scratch still the same problem arises. You cannot overwrite any saves, please dev, someone.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 11:40:42 pm by Elhoim »