Author Topic: Did I miss something with The Beast fight?  (Read 1785 times)

Faeren

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Did I miss something with The Beast fight?
« on: July 29, 2019, 03:00:49 am »
The only people I could find to help with the fight were Saban and Dan, Saban was completely useless, he fired his pistol once per turn and did ~20 damage tops if he even hit anything. Dan occasionally did ~80 damage with a burst at close range and managed to suppress the Bladelings I guess, though there was a bug that resulted in him spending 20 seconds trying to fire before his turn ended when he ran out of ammo, drawing out the fight even more, his Plasma Sentry was helpful though I suppose.

This fight wasn't hard, but it was annoying having to do 90% of the killing for 20 minutes, was there some additional available help I missed? Failing that I guess I suggest that Saban and Dan get buffed to be less useless, if they had W2C rounds and Saban could fire at least twice a round the fight would be much less of a slog.

bati

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Did I miss something with The Beast fight?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 06:55:17 am »
They are the only help available for that fight.

This section is the reason why most people take at least 20 chemistry, regardless of the build.

Tamior

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 08:41:04 am »
To be fair, on a pure psion those guys are more harm than good.
If you don't contain those bladelings to their initial pit, your "allies" run into the thick of bladelings and effectively prevent you from using AOE abilities.

Faeren

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 10:32:20 am »
Guess I'll ask this here since it's more issues with Underrail's jankiness:

Any tips for getting out of the Black Crawler base after you've taken it over with the Zone Rats? Seemingly the only way out is through the huge stack of mutants at the doorway, and by the time they're dead Mykola and Sneaky have usually killed themselves running laps in acid. Man I would kill for a patch that ironed out some of the annoying sections of the game like these two, for example:

Dan: Hey $playername, the Foundry Guard fighting the bladelings have been supplied with armor piercing rounds, but since I'm just on guard duty I have standard issue rounds, it might be a good idea to ask the chief for some:
Options:
- Persuade Chief to provide W2C rounds for Dan and Saban (and maybe the player).
- Player can provide 200 rounds or something and Dan and Saban will use W2C rounds during the fight, to facilitate this maybe Kevin can provide a bulk load of W2C rounds, with some mercantile/persuasion check to get a discount.

As for the Black crawler base some kind of shortcut being available to allow getting to/from there without trudging through mutants would be swell, bad enough doing it once, but I'm guessing they possibly respawn, based on the fact they apparently used the Mutants as a barrier to their base the Black Crawlers should logically have had another way out.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 03:17:40 pm »
You can eliminate mutants beforehand.

The Saint

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 03:32:33 pm »
Guess I'll ask this here since it's more issues with Underrail's jankiness:

Any tips for getting out of the Black Crawler base after you've taken it over with the Zone Rats? Seemingly the only way out is through the huge stack of mutants at the doorway, and by the time they're dead Mykola and Sneaky have usually killed themselves running laps in acid.  fact they apparently used the Mutants as a barrier to their base the Black Crawlers should logically have had another way out.

It's strange you have problems with these enemies. I mean it's couple hours after fighting through a Depot A, where you should be able to kill lots of tough mutants. Maybe there is something wrong with your build?

Faeren

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 09:57:02 pm »
The issue isn't that the mutants are hard, I'm playing an 8 Int/10 Will/10 Con Psion, I can obliterate them easily (even if HP chip from acid is annoying on a Tranquility build), the issue is that as soon as I open the door the Zone Rats charge in and get melted by acid. I'm gonna try it again and block them from helping with a force barrier, but the point still stands that there should really be a secret shortcut that doesn't require me to pass loads of mutants and toxic barrels to get to their base. For a less powerful build fighting the mutants would probably be harder than dealing with the Black Crawlers.