Author Topic: Is metal armor the only kind you can craft without Tailoring?  (Read 3514 times)

screeg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
I created a no Dodge/Evasion character thinking I'd craft either metal or energy shield armor later, but lo the movement penalty for metal armor is outrageous! Right now I'm in some purchased Riot Gear but of course I can't make my own improved stuff, and I don't know if it's going to cut it in the longer run. So far I'm doing quests in Junkyard, about to try for the drill bit.

Mindless

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Is metal armor the only kind you can craft without Tailoring?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2015, 05:10:32 pm »
I created a no Dodge/Evasion character thinking I'd craft either metal or energy shield armor later, but lo the movement penalty for metal armor is outrageous! Right now I'm in some purchased Riot Gear but of course I can't make my own improved stuff, and I don't know if it's going to cut it in the longer run. So far I'm doing quests in Junkyard, about to try for the drill bit.
Drop Riot Armor(it's shitty) and get Tactical Vest(more handy, smaller penalties which is better for dodge character).

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 10:00:00 pm »
Given that he created a char without dodge, that sure is high up on his priority list.
A tactical vest with ceramic plating, on the other hand, probably has some advantages.
You can later craft energy shields to cover your weaknesses with mainly electronics, so that should cover some.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

Greep

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 05:25:41 am »
Tichrome armor has less penalty, while having higher energy resistance, which is arguably more useful of a resistance about the time you get it since faceless are pretty tough in groups (I've never worn it, but I'm assuming you get T-bars after fixing gloria?).  But yeah, you really aren't going to melee anything in a tin can without sprint, which I assume you don't have :/ 

Not to say metal armor characters are bad, they're actually massively powerful really xD  But yeah, if you were just going to make a metal armor hammer warrior without agility feats.. your character might just be screwed:(

Edit: Don't you need tailoring for metal armor, though?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 07:19:33 am by Greep »

screeg

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 01:48:32 pm »
Edit: Don't you need tailoring for metal armor, though?
Luckily you don't, though you might be able to add extras, like aluminized cloth, that would require Tailoring.