Author Topic: Need help in building a sword build with temporal manipulation  (Read 7929 times)

heyaheyahey

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Need help in building a sword build with temporal manipulation
« on: September 18, 2019, 03:14:36 pm »
Very new player here, just cleared my first playthrough using the tin can. Currently looking for a sword build with temporal manipulation for the "haste" ability but I'm stuck at how to make it optimal.

Thanks beforehand.

Diogo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Need help in building a sword build with temporal manipulation
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 05:16:04 pm »
>STR 6 if using dex build, 17 or 18 if str build (you NEED the MAX possible hit chance MISS=WEAKNESS)
>DEX 6 if using str build, 17 or 18 if dex build (you NEED the MAX possible hit chance MISS=WEAKNESS)
>CON minimum 7 (to get points in AGI for sprint feat), ideal 10 (thick skull/survival instincts) (Melees are the worst glass cannon)
>INT 6 for armor sloping or 5 for Cheaps shots

160 points in melee.
70 points if u want stasis or 55 if u dont, in Temporal Manipulation + (Psycho Temporal feat)
the feats and skills left are personal choices.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 05:40:26 pm by Diogo »

heyaheyahey

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 07:04:33 pm »
I guess I won't be running any dodge/evasion that way

Jubei

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 11:31:18 pm »
I was thinking about trying a dex-agi based sword build one day that would use Red Dragon as a end game weapon. With cheap shots and 10 spec points in critical power Red Dragon would have a crit multiplier of 1100%.

The build would look like this. http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgYQCQMDAwYALgDCoMKgwqBhRCUAAGNuAF9jAAAARgAATyQ5KMKMwpkSMQZLwo3CjivCh0ETwrMWJuKnvgrisogF378

I'm no expert on melee builds though. I've only played ranged and Psi builds.

Diogo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2019, 12:22:54 am »
your build looks very interesting but thanks to its low perception/detection I strongly recommend that you invest some points in traps or you will suffer a lot, and due to your low constitution PSI users are VERY problematic and need to be eliminated primarily or stunned somehow (grenades, dirty kick can help) Stealth is essential to gaining the edge in battle you need to reinforce the skill with sneaky equipment to avoid psi disabling at the beginning of the battle, but that's just my opinion your game your rules :D

heyaheyahey

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 02:08:20 am »
here's the build, let me know if i need to make changes

i got persuasion to effective 80 for expedition content

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?Hg8GAwoDAwYAWQDCoAAAAF9rQQB2dlhldgAAAEZJAE5iY0XCjAYSwosASyvCh8KNMSQWwrZ8JuKdjQrip4IC4quuA9-_

Diogo

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2019, 02:26:33 am »
During the game you will find items that increase hack 20 points and lockpicking 27 points so you can remove some points from these skills. And you can also save 15% on all your craft skills as you can earn a bonus on those skills when you buy craft tables.

Jubei

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2019, 04:01:14 am »
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?Hg8GAwoDAwYAwqAAwqAAAABRTFYAZ3VNWWcAAABGVQBJYmNFwowGEsKLAEsrwofCjTEkFsK2fCbinY0K4qeCAuKrrgPfvw

I would redo the skill points like this.

The highest hacking and locking picking check in the game is 130. The luxkey gives plus 15 hacking and lockpicking. There is a techsuit in the expansion that gives 10 hacking and lockpicking and the jackknive gives 7 lockpicking. You can make the 130 checks with just those 3 pieces of gear.

For the crafting skills using underpie, the +2 INT drug, and the 15% from crafting benches at your house will let you make anything you need at those levels. If you want to make the supersoldier drug in the Deepcaverns the int drug will boost your biology skill to 130 from 115 alone, just need to stockpile the ingredients.

There is a 110 persuasion check in deepcaverns so if you go with 90 persuasion and use heartseeker leather armor and boots for a additional plus 20 you can make that check and skip that fight. For mercantile 102 is plenty, just need to eat a underpie to make that 105 check.

heyaheyahey

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2019, 06:39:08 am »
I'll look into it, Thanks guys!

Patryvius

• Noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2022, 01:59:09 pm »
>STR 6 if using dex build, 17 or 18 if str build (you NEED the MAX possible hit chance MISS=WEAKNESS)
>DEX 6 if using str build, 17 or 18 if dex build (you NEED the MAX possible hit chance MISS=WEAKNESS)
>CON minimum 7 (to get points in AGI for sprint feat), ideal 10 (thick skull/survival instincts) (Melees are the worst glass cannon)
>INT 6 for armor sloping or 5 for Cheaps shots

160 points in melee.
70 points if u want stasis or 55 if u dont, in Temporal Manipulation + (Psycho Temporal feat)
the feats and skills left are personal choices.

Does having 17 Strength give the player character enough skill to get a 95% chance to hit endgame / very agile enemies on Dominating? At least most of them? And can Strength be a be lowered, to let's say 16 without affecting melee accuracy? Maybe with a tattoo and a Super Steel weapon? Because damage is not the problem for most crafted melee weapons, hit chance is.

From what I've seen, you can easily make a gun build with 11 to 12 Perception and as long as the area where your targets are has a light source, you can kill just about anything with extremely accurate fire, alternatively you can use nigh vision, incendiary grenades and even flares, thus removing any darkness penalty.

Sadly strength builds seem to struggle, even on normal difficulty.

Also, I know that this might be a little bit off topic but does light affect melee accuracy in any way? I was thinking, maybe a lamp could boost the hit chance? I couldn't find any info about this, which is why I'm asking. I've already deleted my old character because of the build I was using, so I can't check right now but the wiki only gives the formula for calculating ranged precision. I don't think it affects melee in any way but maybe someone can confirm this.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 02:46:57 pm by Patryvius »