Author Topic: Good game, some suggestions  (Read 1881 times)

Paar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Good game, some suggestions
« on: September 11, 2013, 08:42:36 am »
Bought the game on Desura, played it a little, it's good. Looking forward for the final version. Some suggestions though:

1. Would it be possible to scroll the screen when hovering the cursor above the log area? Maybe make it toggleable?
3. When in combat the movement of the characters and of the enemies are faster than normal. Is this intentional? It's kind of annoying, I'd be glad if I could make the speed even. Again, maybe make it toggleable?
4. When using low screen resolution (1024x768) the log area is too big for my taste. Make the size relative to the resolution?
5. Text is too small when using high resolution. The dialog font can be enlarged but not the other text. Would be nice if I could apply it everywhere.
6. Trading system is a bit awkward. Would be great if I could see the total value of the traded items.

That's all. For now.

EDIT:

7. Do you plan to implement character templates in character creation phase? Starting from scratch can be tedious for some players.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 09:27:05 pm by Paar »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Good game, some suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 12:19:40 am »
Heya and thanks for the feedback.

1. You mean while the cursor is on top of the area with the log type buttons? I guess but then some people might accidentally scroll when trying to change the log type. I try out how it feels first.
3. Yes, it's intentional do speed up the combat. Heh, never figured anyone would want to play with standard speed, but sure, it's an easy toggle. :)
4. I think scaling it down on low resolutions would make it too impractical to read. It's best to turn it off if you're playing on that low res.
5. It will be possible eventually.
6. I'm curious why would you want that? Isn't the graphical indicator enough?
7. Possibly once close to release.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 10:32:29 am »
On point 5: I actually agree on that, it would be easier to have number indication instead of having to trial and error until you get the right balance, with numbers it's easy to do some basic math to quickly know what item/how many of an item to get the balance right, this is especially apparent when trading with ammo or other low-value items in larger amounts.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 10:34:58 am by nackidno »

Paar

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 08:40:54 pm »
This is excatly it. I hate that trial and error process. Graphical indicator is nice, I like it. But it's not very comfortable on it's own. It just feels like I'm not knowing the true value of the items and I'm just guessing it.

Phyroks

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 03:22:57 am »
I must agree with the text, would be nice if i could manually set is as big as I want for combat/chat etc.

2nd OMG I cant remember when i have had this close fallout2 feeling when playing a game!!! 8 hours into the game and I hope it never ends lol

I dont know if its my build but I _really_ like how its somewhat challenging to have enough healing items and cant just rush into most fights. I hope the game can keep up the challenge level :D
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 03:24:40 am by Phyroks »