Author Topic: Want to do a Melee/psi build or a shotgun build  (Read 1781 times)

(Gman)Yaga

• Noob
    • View Profile
Want to do a Melee/psi build or a shotgun build
« on: July 21, 2023, 07:39:57 pm »
So i havent played in about a year. i want to get back in and get myself either a melee/psi build or a shotgun build and i just dont know where to start. What are the best melee weapons to run with psi? ive seen people say they like spears and machetes but im super indecisive. smae thing on a shotgun build. most people seem to run high mobility but others seem to really just like tanks. any help or insight you could offer would be greatly appreciated

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Want to do a Melee/psi build or a shotgun build
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 07:54:16 pm »
Each build has its pros and cons. Generally everything is viable if built decently. Even on DOM most decent build works with patience and player skill.

For higher difficulties, high mobility is meta, tanking in tin armour is way harder there. But doable.

For melee weapons
- Swords are high risk high reward, generally paired with TM.
- Spears are versatile weapons, that offer decent range and spear throw can be deadly. Usually paired with MT or TM.
- Fists are hared to get going but imho scale the best at high levels. Usually with PK or TM
- Daggers are finicky, never was a fan of those. People play them with TC
- Hammers are just overkill. Satisfying overkills. PK or TM here

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Want to do a Melee/psi build or a shotgun build
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2023, 08:34:26 pm »
I would say most knife psi hybrids use TM.  Knives are a very solid option, and play perfectly fine even without psi.  I really never have any problems when playing a knife character.  They are imo the most straightforward melee build. 

TM makes almost any build straight up better.  TM knife or TM shotty would give you a very strong build that is easy to play and easy to build.  Pump shotties with good agi/mobility is recommended, with the typical tactic being to run up and blast at point-blank, then run to the next target and repeat. 

*eurobeat intensifies*