Author Topic: No way to activate headlamp on mining helmet  (Read 1890 times)

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
No way to activate headlamp on mining helmet
« on: August 24, 2020, 06:57:19 pm »
Hi

I have bought a yellow mining helmet from Harold in the SGS engineering department.

It looks very stylish but has a serious design flaw: there is no way to turn on the headlight.

I can not activate it directly in any way, nor drag it down to the hotbar to turn it on or off. It is only possible to wear it as a regular helmet.

It seems like it should be at least possible to have it on the action bar like a night vision goggle or an ability, but that is not possible, it will not stick there. I even tried all 3 barn (regular, shift, and ctrl). And yes, I have put batteries in it.

I want my credits back, Harold.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: No way to activate headlamp on mining helmet
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 08:07:26 pm »
It's turned on from the quick invoker. Put it on your head, press F... and glow.

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 09:03:43 pm »
Ahhh thanks.

It confused me: The night vision googles is functionally the same: a piece of headgear that you charge with batteries, and turn on for an effect.

-NVG - Have to drag it from inventory/head gear slot down to the action bar. No entry in the quick invoker.
-Mining helmet - Can not drag it down from inventory to the action bar. Must be turned on via the quick invoker, or dragged from there to the action bar

It would perhaps be a good idea to have such things work the same way, so players like me, over 40 years, do not get too confused.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 02:06:36 pm »
I considered moving the NVG to the new way of activation since it's a lot more convenient, but there are some complication with the already existing items. I might, at some point, just implement a new exact ability for all the newly crafted NVG that will then be activated through the invoker.

In any case, I'm aware of the inconsistency, but it's not as easy to fix.