Author Topic: Any suggestions for a 10 CON stealth knife/utility build?  (Read 2208 times)

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Any suggestions for a 10 CON stealth knife/utility build?
« on: November 03, 2019, 05:22:03 pm »
Hi

Looking to play something like in the title, on hard, oddity mode.

Requirements:
-10 CON from the start
-Stealth, good enough to use all the time
-No psionics, sorry
-Preferably using a knife, and utilities as needed

From the above, the following stats come naturally:
STR: 3
DEX: 10
AGI: 7
CON: 10
PER: 3
WIL: 3
INT: 4

First couple of points into INT, then DEX, I think.

Suggestions and criticism are welcome.
Would this work? Should I use traps? Any must-have feats or skills? Any particular situations that will give this character particularly much trouble?

Apostrophe

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Any suggestions for a 10 CON stealth knife/utility build?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 05:39:58 pm »
10 CON for feats or just tank? SI or no? You should probably go with combat gloves and knives and you will have no major problems, the last boss could be a little tricky, a couple of fights in expansion. You should probably go pirates and ignore savages completely.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 05:58:35 pm by Apostrophe »

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 08:53:32 pm »
You might be interested in SubterminalOptimization's thread on beating the game on DOMINATING with a level 6 character; he found that he could stealth Emporion at level 6 with no trouble at all, so with a good crafted stealth set you'll have no trouble whatsoever even with only partial investment in stealth.  Infused Cave Hopper leather armor is a really incredible stealth suit when combined with black cloth and soft padding.  At the very least, I'd say you can go maybe half each into Stealth and Traps and do very well.

Get some Biology.  The Beast fight is frustrating for a simple melee build without the benefit of gas grenades and bear traps and cave ear or crawler caltrops.  Presumably you'll have enough Mechanics, from making your own knives, that you won't need Persuasion to skip the Arke fight, but if you do that fight, it'll be a hassle too unless you come loaded with EMP III.

Even with 10 CON, I still think Conditioning is at best a QoL feat.  I'd worry more about not taking big hits rather than mitigating damage in.  You're probably better off building as an evasion tank and just using your health pool to mitigate the hits you have to choose to take so you don't take the other hits.  I wouldn't build the character as a damage tank, unless you plan to build a quirky 35AP PC and carry a quad-plated tank set to swap into when stealth isn't called for.  Knives are very very light, so with Pack Rathound I suppose you'd have the carry capacity to spare.

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 09:49:19 pm »
It can work nicely.

Apart from crit damage feats (recklessness, cheap shots, critical power), i'd say expose weakness and grenadier are a must. I'd also pick three pointer since grenades will be your only AOE (not counting electric generator on your knife).

Then it's up to your playstyle, quick tinkering can always be useful especially without electrokinetic imprint. Thick skull is good against crawlers.

You won't have much problem anywhere as long as you are prepared with good gear and grenades. Stealthed enemies are probably what you'll fear the most until lvl ~20, and traps are good against them yes...

You'll need at leat 5 int for expose weakness and cheap shots.

You won't be able to take ripper without 5 wiil but on hard you maybe not need it that much.
I'm Potoldski on discord

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 10:09:01 pm »
Versatility would open SMG with armour-piercing rounds. Quite nice.