Author Topic: General Build Guide for Heavy Duty DLC (Minor Spoilers)  (Read 9209 times)

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: General Build Guide for Heavy Duty DLC (Minor Spoilers)
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2023, 01:09:56 am »
Yeah, it’s the training room, when activating the console you’ll get 3-4 squads of soldiers depending on the options chosen, activating all quadrants spawns 4 squads of 6 soldiers which include 2 intercessors and 3 technomedics. If you kill all the soldiers in the compound (amount depends on difficulty) they won’t spawn. If you do it before killing cognator all of the soldiers will have 4 stacks of the buff. The secret version is if you kill too many patrols, where all of the enemies in the encounter are replaced with psychophracts, who have extremely high damage psi abilities.
Now that's interesting!

In my 2nd going through the Heavy Duty, i took the time to wipe out all the patrols before the training-sesson map (but not anything "beyond" it, if to count maps towards the Cognator). Then i went into the training-session map and activated the encounter, activating all quadrants. After defeating all 4 packs, i then went forward, into maps closer to Cognator's room - and what i encountered is that all the patrols there became psychophracts, BUT the few stationary enemeis in one of following maps - remained varied-class soldiers. And there were quite a lot of such all-psychophract patrols in there, too.

And after i wiped all the psychophract patrols there - i think there were maybe 8 or more - the paths which these patrols used to walk through still remained patrolled, but merely by a single robot (randomly one of two possible kinds), and these single-robot patrols were seemingly endless: i wiped some 30+ of these, but they kept and kept coming. Walked through many maps back and forth, but these lone robots still kept coming.

If all this is somehow related to some "secret encounter", though - then what's the point? I mean, is there any reward for dealing - this or that way - with a crapton of these psychophracts? I didn't find any of the sort...
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr

Farsight

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: General Build Guide for Heavy Duty DLC (Minor Spoilers)
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2023, 09:51:26 pm »
By the way, where's the DLC map? All I see is "unknown".