Underrail > General

Are energy pistols as gimp as I think they are?

<< < (2/2)

Hal900x:
Yeah store-bought weapons are just absolute garbage compared to crafted items. I've never had a non-crafting playthrough so I thought I'd give it a shot. But now I'm remembering that each and every ranged weapon in stores has been laughable compared to my crafted weapon in every one of my playthroughs (and there have been many). Mercantile really has no use in the game, nor do weapons on vendors. It's a shame that balance isn't ever going to change in this game. All it really needs in this regard is a slight buff to store-bought, or a slight nerf to crafted items. The gap between the two is so huge that the vendor items are little more than window dressing.

So, what was the reason for energy weapons being removed from Gunslinger, if not balance? It seems to be direly needed. And Steadfast Aim sounded great on paper, and was the reason I wanted to try Plasma. But in practice it's just too much of an outlier in any build. Is Trygrende suggesting to abandon Perception in an energy weapon build that includes it? Where else would it come from in a 13 Dex build?

Bruno:
When I made a thread and inquired about how the Mercantile skill worked not too long ago, Styg made a promising reply.

Something like:
"Are there any unique special shop items that one can only get by having high Mercantile skill?"
Styg: "Not yet..."

Hal900x:
I don't think we can expect any balancing until the expansion is finished, but who knows?

UnLimiTeD:
Well, the addon will likely bring a new economic situation, so it makes sense to balance new feats, items, etc. around it.
Might be more months until then, but it's something to look forward to, no less.

Styg:
I'm aware that the energy pistols are somewhat lackluster both in efficiency and the fun-factor and I intend to address this at some point. Hopefully I can do this before(/with) the expansion release, but don't hold me to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version