Underrail > Development Log

Dev Log #53: Expedition Gameplay Video

<< < (6/6)

Turbodevil:
Good:

- The music is AMAZING are these new tracks or were I deaf during my playthrough?
- Environment looks great as usual
- Shotgun has kicks!
- Spear is huge and looks like melee weapon for actual combat (sorry knives)
- Transition to jet-skiis seems smooth

Bad:

- Shotgun burst attack seems weird. Aren't assault rifles/smg for burst?
- Another bug that shoots lightning? I still get nightmares with these Coil Spiders :P

Funny:

- I chuckled when enemy run up to you and threw knives at you, then after losing 10% of health you picked a shotgun and one shotted him. "That's cute, here's actual weapon though. Bye" :)

mercy:

--- Quote from: Styg on July 13, 2017, 07:59:38 am ---[..]For those who just can't wait to get to explore the Black Sea themselves, here's a short video from the recent internal testing that we've done (this is NOT a trailer). It does contain some spoilers, though we tried to censor the important stuff, so be warned.

https://youtu.be/qHXG2SCMEGk

Anyway, that's it for now guys. Let us know what you think.

--- End quote ---
- = negative, + = positive

+ Awesome animated water effects! Had to zoom in and rewind multiple times just to look at the beauty you created.

- Shotgun SFX should be one big BAM! Not this weak, automatic rifle sound thingy. This way its "MEH!.." and not satisfying at all. :(

+ Electric attack SFX (monsters) is much better for example than your "shotgun"

- "Rock Blasting through" sound (ends with rocks falling) is very loud and frightening, tone it down PLS.

+ New graphics is surprisingly nice!

- At elevator the text is nice green, but your dialog selection option BG highlight should be toned down or be something else, like a low opacity green color BG or a much more faint  orange w. low opacity!

- Handmaiden attack physical feedback: you should have "player character-hit" animations. Player character standing there like a rock, while he is being hit by the Handmaiden takes away from immersion! Even fallout had hit-hurt-reel-back animations. 

- Single shotgun sound is also weak, if that's what is shot during Handmaiden battle.

+ Very nice room illumination effect when the machine is turned on and it switches on the lighting.

- Gun + grenade explosion sounds are weak overall. They should have that "OOMPH!"  Review the awesome DOOM 1 or DOOM 2 sounds please from the DOS/4GW Extender era!

I you want your weapons to really sound good and have an "OOMPH!", I can make your sound effects go BOOM, if you agree to send me your current ones - even if you send just one weapon sound file to try me out: PM me.  Here is my sound effects portfolio for OpenXCOM.

+ Nice Jet Ski graphics and sound effects!

mattu:

--- Quote from: epeli on July 15, 2017, 11:44:18 am ---Yeah, all the music is new. Sounds like the soundtrack is getting a sizable expansion as well.

--- End quote ---

Oh, that is great news. I love Underrail's music. Josh Culler is so good.

Megaost:
Man, this expansion looks great! And sounds great as well! From what the video shows whoever makes the music outdid themselves with this.
Can't wait for the release.

Fenix:

--- Quote from: Styg on July 14, 2017, 07:51:00 am ---The idea with Hypercerebrix is to replace the use of Junkyard surprise, so the intelligence bonus will be taken off from the latter.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I waited so long and it happen!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version