Author Topic: Stealing from Ray's Shop  (Read 7740 times)

Blackmill138

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Stealing from Ray's Shop
« on: September 04, 2019, 01:53:56 am »
So, it seems impossible to steal a jet ski from Ray's shop. I'm talking about the good ones inside. The ones outside can be stolen.

I was actually able to drive the Devastator out of Ray's shop without any camera turning orange or red. No NPC saw me either. So, I was fully expecting to have succeeded, but there appears to be a fail safe. So far as I can tell, moving one tile past the gate always triggers hostilities, even if the cameras stay green and you don't drive the jet ski past any core city NPCs.

Has any one been able to steal one of the good jet skis? Or is it as impossible as it seems?

Sehnsucht

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Stealing from Ray's Shop
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 07:32:57 am »
Accept Gorsky's Quest, go to Port Zenith and rob a Protectorate Cruiser. It's the best jet ski in the game.

MirddinEmris

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 10:25:13 am »
So, it seems impossible to steal a jet ski from Ray's shop. I'm talking about the good ones inside. The ones outside can be stolen.

I was actually able to drive the Devastator out of Ray's shop without any camera turning orange or red. No NPC saw me either. So, I was fully expecting to have succeeded, but there appears to be a fail safe. So far as I can tell, moving one tile past the gate always triggers hostilities, even if the cameras stay green and you don't drive the jet ski past any core city NPCs.

Has any one been able to steal one of the good jet skis? Or is it as impossible as it seems?

It seems to me, you get into the sniper's guy field of vision. Try to wait a bit and sail off when no one can see you

fire_lizard

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 12:14:51 pm »
Accept Gorsky's Quest, go to Port Zenith and rob a Protectorate Cruiser. It's the best jet ski in the game.

Which quest is that and where is Port Zenith?

I am with Gorsky right now on the former Black Crawler base and he does not give me any new quest.

Sehnsucht

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 01:41:39 pm »
Port Zenith is the place where you get the energy shield emitter for him. You have already been there before. Note that there is a zone transition on the west.

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 08:00:56 pm »
Port Zenith is the place where you get the energy shield emitter for him. You have already been there before. Note that there is a zone transition on the west.

oh the back area has been fleshed out? niiiice

Blackmill138

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 04:38:49 am »

It seems to me, you get into the sniper's guy field of vision. Try to wait a bit and sail off when no one can see you

I'm aware of that guy. Here's the "test" that I did. I opened the water gate and confirmed that I hadn't turned anyone hostile. I waited until there were no NPCs on screen, entered combat mode, and drove my jet ski one tile past the gate then back. No one saw. Cameras stayed green. It only took one turn. And yet, everyone was hostile.

Were you able to steal a jet ski? Maybe I did miss someone who saw me. I probably tried two dozen times and was always paying attention. But if you've done it, that must be it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 04:46:34 am by Blackmill138 »

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2019, 10:37:34 am »
I tried pulling this one off but I found no jetskis there. Recent change?

Stealing from Ray's is also extremely difficult, it seems like you can only steal the 3 junk jets on the right side of the lower platform.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2019, 10:42:36 am by ciox »

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2019, 06:08:23 am »
I managed to steal a Skimmer from the right side of the platform without starting any hostilities, done by going around on a very large detour so that no one anywhere in the Core City's docks sees you with the Skimmer, that's alright I guess.

Apostrophe

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 09:28:38 am »
I managed to steal a freighter and another jet-ski from the dock without turning Core city or Ray hostile before he opened his shop, but now (many hours later) when I enter the zone and go anywhere near his shop combat log states that camera spotted me and everyone turns hostile, even if I go stand in a corner where no camera can spot me. It is not instant, i have time to go and talk to Ray but don't have time to shop. I think its a bug so beware if you wanna try stealing something from him.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 12:41:01 pm »
I managed to steal a freighter and another jet-ski from the dock without turning Core city or Ray hostile before he opened his shop, but now (many hours later) when I enter the zone and go anywhere near his shop combat log states that camera spotted me and everyone turns hostile, even if I go stand in a corner where no camera can spot me. It is not instant, i have time to go and talk to Ray but don't have time to shop. I think its a bug so beware if you wanna try stealing something from him.
Strange.
Cameras being so hostile is usually how they behave after they've been damaged, but I doubt you can damage those cameras. Might just be a fault in the scripting. (or a fault in informing the player that they are considered a filthy thief)

slyguy65

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2020, 03:48:49 am »
Seems to me that dev does not want you to be able to steal...even though he makes the prices absolutely ridiculous. Everything is double what it should be if you ask me. Unless you can start making bookoo bucks by selling capture jetskis or something the asking price is fucking absurd. It took me around 50-60 hours to get 10+k coins. Then this DLC says "LOL FUCK YOU" its just obnoxious.

If there is anyway to legit steal from that shop let me know cause this whole thread seems like the only time it was done was via some glitch or something.

Crows

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 04:29:51 am »
You can do one of two things:

1) You can in fact sell jetskis to Ray, although you'll need a way to get them there and he won't buy the junkers.

2) A much easier, although somewhat slower way is to just strip out parts from jetskis and sell them directly. I'm not sure if he can afford some of the high end parts on difficulties other than Dominating - some of the engines sell for 120K.

Riggs

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2020, 01:39:44 pm »
It took me around 50-60 hours to get 10+k coins.

??? Uhhhhh, you're doing something very wrong if Charons are that hard for you to come by.

slyguy65

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2020, 03:50:06 pm »
It took me around 50-60 hours to get 10+k coins.

??? Uhhhhh, you're doing something very wrong if Charons are that hard for you to come by.

Ya its called I wipe the merchants out every restock with one expensive sale.
The reason it takes so long is cause im waiting on them to get more damn money.
Also I spent maybe 10k on the house (crafting/one security upgrade and all floors renovated) before checking the wiki to realize even the security system was pointless...SO you know, great feeling to have to check the wiki for every decision or anything involving choice/money since the game has a lot of "LOL fuck you" moments. Or just down right "out of left field" moments. I don't like being scammed, the decor, sure, its decor, but the multiple levels of renovating and the security system being pointless (unless its used in the point of no return) then ya, dumb.

Also I am basing this off vanilla underrail I only started expedition so if there is some huge revenue that opens up then ok.
I would say its not a stretch to say the average player has around 8-15k coins when they start the expedition soooooo unless you want to give out some kind of "secret" that nets you tens of thousands of coins easily; aside from the obvious mercantile point investment or some min max drivel I am calling you out.