Author Topic: Killing aran without turning core city hostile?  (Read 2029 times)

A_Clever_Monocle

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Killing aran without turning core city hostile?
« on: December 10, 2019, 04:55:50 pm »
Gas grenades used to work from what I hear but are there any other methods besides completing the expedition and letting him ambush you in your home

Delta07

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Killing aran without turning core city hostile?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 01:06:01 pm »
Yeah just insult him for being the weeb he is and he'll ambush you in your own home, so kill him there.

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 11:57:31 pm »
Yeah just insult him for being the weeb he is and he'll ambush you in your own home, so kill him there.
But you have to complete expedition. Previously there was exploit to murder him without completing it, straight up getting balanced gear without 80h+ requirement

mephisto

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 08:52:02 am »
i can't find a way to kill him without turning everyone hostile.
i tried using gas grenades but he will immediately remove it (still possible before patch).
i tried selling it to him but the item is nowhere in his pocket to steal it back.
i even tried to kill him after i sold it, but the item is still nowhere in his body.
i think it's Styg's way to prevent cheating to win money+item.
but i personally prefer unique gears to add up to my collection, his armor looks perfect on me with Mephisto as my name.
as for money, you can always make money, one way or the other.
so yeah, i refused to sell it. my tip for killing him in the basement is to fire the Ethereal Torch around his spot as soon as you landed on your tele-glyph, you'll know why.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 09:54:53 am by mephisto »