Author Topic: Killing robots as TC + MT psi  (Read 2236 times)

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Killing robots as TC + MT psi
« on: December 28, 2020, 02:15:51 am »
Is my best bet just chugging emp MK III?
I thought that Metathermics are enough to dent them, but I forgot that robots mostly immune to cold and heat.
And I really don't want to go tri-school if possible

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Killing robots as TC + MT psi
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 06:13:55 pm »
Unfortunately yes, EMP mine + grenade + plasma for robots except Naga (HE on Naga) are your best bet. You can get some additional damage by using crit cryo-orb for a bit of mechanical damage (crit cryo-orb can one shot most robots except Industrial bot and Naga).

Or you could invest skill points on Psychokinesis and swap school against robot, but that's a pretty hefty skill point investment so you'll be starve for skill point somewhere else.

Or you could invest just enough base Psychokinesis for Electrokinesis (if you max out at least one other psi school I think you'll have roughly 160 effective Psychokinesis) and use Electrokinesis damage boosting psi headband.

Or just stealth past them.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 06:15:42 pm by destroyor »

Tayon

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Killing robots as TC + MT psi
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 05:15:12 pm »
Robots are best killed by Temporal Manipulation. The second most convenient method is Psychokinesis, it is quite difficult for them to kill heavy droids - Naga, Strongmen, etc.
Thought Control and Metathermics is a rather ill-considered combination of abilities, for everything that you cannot take with Thought Control, you cannot take with Metathermics.
I stumbled upon such a problem when I played the Telepath Crossbowman, and I will say this - stealth will save the world. Without adequate means to defeat the robots, you can only avoid fighting them.