Author Topic: high base abilities and their influences on the game  (Read 2733 times)

dirtman

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
high base abilities and their influences on the game
« on: April 01, 2016, 10:03:48 pm »
for example, i'm thinking of situations such as interacting with the pillars and dialogue with more interesting characters. did anyone encounter some options that are only available with will/intelligence higher than 10 or something fairly ridiculous and character specific like that?

Taggart

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: high base abilities and their influences on the game
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 01:57:10 am »
I've wondered about that myself.

One problem I can think of is - how do you know what level of base ability and/or skill is what got you the option?

For example, if you go into a conversation, and see a [BIOLOGY] option, and your Bio = 100 at that time - how do you know if you needed 100 or maybe just 25?

Or if your Int = 10 and you get a special [Int] dialog or option; how do you know it needed 10 and not just 5, for example (or maybe if you had Int between 5 & 10 you'd see one option while if Int 10+ would show another - how would you know that if your Int was already 10).

That apparent lack of info (to me, at least) makes it hard to think about any implications.

dirtman

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 03:00:02 pm »
best bet is probably unpacking some game files if possible, those checks should be apparent in dialogue files or something like that. i've seen some changes with a int 7 character compared to a int 5 character during conversations, but those were pure flavor, not anything worthwile.

X41823T

• Zoner
  • Psionic scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 10:14:49 am »
Now I might be an "arse" for pointing out that this 'validates' several 'play-throughs' but from what I can tell having played through the entire game 7 times I've yet to find/experience something that I needed more than 10 points in a stat point to become available during dialogue, then again who knows but I like to think that the 'thought' behind it was to make stats of high value or 10 which is a 'semi-high' value for a stat would be 'good enough' for intended purpose.
I'll just list most if not all my 'experiences' here just for the sake of 'food for thought'.
Now I can't for the life of me figure out how to god damn put a 'spoiler' tag like [spoiler] but damn thing won't work for me..! so before you go down below.. SPOILERS! D:

-Railroad crossing's electronic merchant after the dinner/bar have a line of dialogue available to those with intelligence of 6 and another one for character with intelligence of 7.

- If you have dexterity of 10 or more you can punch "Void" in the face *wink *wink.

- If you have a willpower of 10 you can resist Ezra's thought control-related incursion.

- If you have a willpower of 10 you can actually resist being 'paralyzed' by Six in the west wing.

- If you have strength of 10 you can flex your muscles at Sophie of the Talloski family.

- You can interact with all the "Obelisks" with a willpower of 10.

- You can move all 'moveable' objects with a strength of 10.

- You can ask Six if he was involved in the theft of 'artifact' having 10 in intelligence.

- having 100 or more in thought control allows you to see into the thoughts/minds of certain people/beings.

- You can crawl/climb all 'obstacles' with a value of 10 agility.

- You can 'calm' Jookhela and avoid killing her with a willpower of 10.

Anyway the point is for the vast majority of the 'cases' it would seem that having the value of 10 in any of the stats is 'absolute' and anything below 10 is a 'maybe'.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2016, 11:17:44 am by X41823T »
"We don't have to dream that we're important" ~ Robert House, CEO of RobCo.