Underrail: Infusion > General

New ways to learn Psi Abilities

(1/2) > >>

Amannamedsquid:
Playing Underrail, I've noticed that there are 2 main ways to learn psi abilities:

1. Finding (or buying) a psionic mentor device.
2. Paying one of the four trainers you meet at the start of the game to teach you the basics.

There is one exception however; Bilocation, which can only be obtained by attuning yourself to the mysterious pillars at Silent Isle. (If your stats aren't high enough, you will likely be killed by 5 psionic clones of yourself). Learning to rift-walk also sort of counts I suppose.

We will likely see the return of old psionic abilities in Infusion and it is certainly possible that there will be new ones. What I'm hoping to see is maybe some more unique ways to obtain certain psi abilities. For example, maybe taught to you as a potential reward at the end of a quest or questline, attuning with a powerful psionic creature or entity, witnessing some sort of anomaly and then being able to duplicate it yourself, having it implanted into your brain by some sort of experimental device or mutagen, maybe even locked behind one of those infamous puzzle quests. (Let's face it, there's gonna be another one. Hey, somebody had to say it.)

It would be a way to separate the more common and well known abilities with some that are more unique/powerful/interesting.

Thoughts?

harperfan7:
Yep, love it.

WeaselChiseal:
I believe it would also be better at guiding players to actually find these abilities in a more atmospheric way. Like listening to gossip in a settlement about some wild anomalies could mean exploring this can reward you with some powerful abilities. Instead of the most powerful ice psionic ability being “in that shelf in core city”. If you don’t get lucky and don’t know this beforehand you may spend a lot of time handicapped because you decided to explore Foundry first for an example.

Kujo qtaro:
TC could even get bizzare "dream" sequences, not too dissimilar to the one Ezra puts you through.

Valor:
You mean like motion? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version