Author Topic: Thick Skull fix  (Read 1561 times)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Thick Skull fix
« on: April 28, 2019, 10:27:25 pm »
The main problem with this feat is that it's easy to be dazed for the entire battle as the enemy keeps hitting you with new stun attacks.  Without the feat, you are stunned for a round or two and then immune to stun for a couple rounds.  Would it be unbalanced to have that stun immunity after being dazed for the amount of time you'd ordinarily be stunned?
*eurobeat intensifies*

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Thick Skull fix
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 05:31:12 pm »
honestly thats how it should work for the investment of 10 constitution. maybe styg has some design reason for it though. idk i remember he said something about avoiding determinism in combat, maybe that factors in somehow

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 11:07:50 am »
I think it pretty much would be too powerful.  I do have to ask - what sort of fights are you having where you're getting stunned more than two turns in a row?  Psi beetle groups or Coil Spiders, perhaps?  Seems like it should be quite rare.

The cost of the feat is pretty high, true, but the benefit is huge, too.  Getting to take that turn, so you can pop a morphine or a hypo or adrenaline or whatever, is just enormously better than standing around for a turn with no dodge or evasion.  Plus, stunning attacks generally aren't as damaging as pure-damage attacks so if enemies are wasting a bunch of stuns on you, they're not doing the harder-hitting attacks which might actually kill you.

I find Thick Skull to be a really good deal for tanky builds; but if it *also* allowed the user to ignore Daze from enemy attacks (while still converting stuns to dazes which did themselves stick) it probably wouldn't be too OP.  I certainly find it a less onerous cost than farming Demon Squids for their gel.

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 09:24:38 pm »
I would speak in favor of such a buff. A feat and 10 Con is a hefty price to pay for an immunity to a single status effect, and it should give you an advantage when facing enemies that inflict it. With the introduction of Greater Coil Spiders, Thick Skull can actually be a liability. Try getting in a fight with a group of these buggers and they'll chain-daze you every turn.