Author Topic: Non-Psi Special Ops Build  (Read 3129 times)

ringring

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Non-Psi Special Ops Build
« on: September 02, 2020, 12:31:18 am »
https://underrail.info/build/?FAcGBgUGBAduHgAAAAAAAAAAACgAAAAAAAAAAAAAADkBTRYVN35bSVlLU-KktgLir70B378

After Level 8 the game is pretty much a cakewalk.  Not sure what to do with my stat points from my levels past level 4, rapid fire, point shot, critical power, gun nut are all negotiable, was thinking maybe suppressive fire.  I don't have much of an idea of how to expand past level 20, past level 14 most of my feats are just quality of life so i don't have to use a full burst to kill a wounded or weak enemy.  Not sure about skills, probably just a bunch of crafting stuff an social skills.

Standard Loadout:  8.6mm Steel Cat (rapid reloader, muzzle break) 5mm jaguar / impala (silencer, muzzle break) best 12.7mm sniper rifle i can find, .44 Hammerer (rapid reloader, smart module) jacknife, incendiary grenades, taser, flashbangs, tac vest with anti-rifle plate, anti-thermic overcoat, boots/helmets = whatever i can find, plus incendiary rounds, shock rounds, and AP rounds.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 12:40:54 am by ringring »

Furion26

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Non-Psi Special Ops Build
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 01:05:21 am »
So you are playing an only guns character with just 6 perception, that even sometimes uses sniper rifles? With a character like this you'd want to start with 9-10 perception and dump points into it every time you can to end up with an effective skill double of the base one.

Furion26

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 01:11:55 am »
My bad, i was thinking about ar / snipers but you are mostly invested in smg's. I found this neat build with a full guide if you are interested : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RceBdfEZyD0MhdULGncAwWrlTr7qjPZ9iytszFg6E_E/edit?usp=drivesdk

ringring

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 03:10:10 am »
I was mostly just curious what i should do towards mid to end game. 

at level 12 or so is when i start wobbling a bit.  I really like rapid fire and point shot, but i could expose weakness and dirty kick, or opportunist and execute, those are all kind of paired.  I don't know whether to take increased con or serial killer, or if i should dump all my remaining points into con since perception 10 is plenty really.

https://underrail.info/build/?HgcGBgcKAwd4HgAAAABGAAAAAEYAAAAAAAAAAAAAADkBTRYVN341SVtZT0szdyYR4qS2AuKvvQHfvw

Furion26

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 11:40:49 am »
Rapid fire, point shot and serial killer are just useless. Id say take the veteran perception increase.
You want opportunist to be your first feat, not an end one because it has such great synergy with bursts paired with suppressive fire, its gonna dominate. You want those two befrore lvl 12 or smthin like that.

I get that you want to play with pistols, smgs, ars and snipers but its only gonna work at maximum normal difficulty, and its not going to be much fun since you are not really hitting many fun synergies, like you are missing a lot on all of them.

I recommend you stick with just smg's or just ar with sniper so you can get the full synergies, but this would be about min maxing and you probably want to just try all of em at once.

As it is with 7 dex your ap cost of the smg is really bad, with them you want to only invest in dex after you started with 10 in it
7 strength idk what you are really doin with that, when playing guns you only need 3 in that, same with will.
And with sniper rifles, you really want ambush and the same story as with dex, you want to start at 10 per and just dump into that.

Furion26

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2020, 11:44:08 am »
My bad again, you wanted full auto, wich is really important so you really want 7 strength, forgot about that.

ringring

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 04:34:42 am »
rapid fire and point shot are both great with a .44 hammerer.
dex doesn't add bonus damage to your guns, it just lowers your ap cost.
an 8.6 steel cat holds 20 bullets, with a muzzle break and full auto you empty your clip in two bursts, and with rapid reloader and dex 6 you can fire two burst in one turn.  If you use a 5mm jaguar with rapid reloader and 6 dex, you can burst three times and empty the 30 round clip
i guess if i wanted to max out damage i could max out perception for the bonus guns damage.
suppressive fire doesn't compliment opportunist at all, suppressive fire doesn't cause slow, stun or incapacitated
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 04:38:03 am by ringring »

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 09:24:05 am »
Suppressive Fire give opponents a movement point penalty, this counts as a slowed-effect. Opportunist gives +15% damage against slowed targets.

This works instantly, together in all bursts fired.

So if you have both Suppressive Fire and Opportunist you get permanent +15% damage on all bursts.