Author Topic: About the stealth  (Read 5481 times)

knight_9

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
About the stealth
« on: August 08, 2013, 02:36:37 am »
The only reason for me playing this game is the stealth I guess. So I can keep hidden from enemies and steal everything. I dont know if my pointed have been stated, sorry if they are. This is a very good game overall. Just some flaws to my taste.

I wish there will be a better stealth system in combat. I mean is there going to be any suppressed weapon system?  I would love to take out enemies from their range, using snipers for example, without breaking the stealth. Every time you fire a weapon, you might increase the detection level, but not necessarily break the stealth.

When I started the new game, I was pretty hard to decide between crossbow and guns. The first idea to me about crossbow is the silent assassin. But I thought there should be a suppressed weapon system otherwise this whole stealth system is just a joke, isn't it. So I just picked gun instead of bow. Well, now I know it really makes no difference about breaking the stealth. I really do believe crossbow is a silent weapon right? Why do I break my stealth when I fire a bolt.

And I wish there could be some kind of assassination command. So I can finish some isolated folks to loot them, or I can loot the items in a room without been detected.
For example, the thugs in the junkyard.

And I wish the pickpocket system can extent to containers. I mean I am able to steal from containers. In the current settings, the only way to loot containers with somebody watching is to kill him.

At last, I wish parts could be salvaged from weapons. I dont know if you can do it later in the game, but I didnt see any yet.

Well, I wish the full game could come out soon.

knight_9

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: About the stealth
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 02:45:11 am »
And I would love to point out some settings is kind of too difficult.

The first one is 3 bandit at the beginning. Even with grenades, they are very hard to kill. And your chance to kill them is really depends on their missed. At least to my character.

And to save those commoners in the bunker from raiders. I have to activate the turret, then circle down to the right side. Heal up, and use crossbow to lure them into the turret's firing range. Basically turret is doing the work. This is the only way I can kill them all at the time. OC I can come later when I got a sniper or better weapons. I don't know if you are suppose to kill them at the time. I dont think anybody is skilled enough to solo them at the level.

knight_9

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 04:53:26 am »
Actually, I just found out that for all those locked doors, you need very high stealth to high from those lookout long enough to unlock then enter. After you open the door, it's all yours.
And I'm confused about detection.  In exactly same condition. That I am in a room with all doors closed. If I kill some thugs, or commoners. I can loot all the stuff, and still no party will be hostile. But if I kill any party member, for exmaple, black eels or scrapper thugs, no matter how I killed them, all their party members will be hostile from now on.
That's how I killed a scrapper thug for his sniper, and I ended up killing every one of them in the junkyard. Then I loaded the game. Lol......... I just found out that 1 sniper is not worth the trouble. I have like 3000 coins now. Buying a sniper is pretty cheap.  And I dont know if I have to deal with them later. If not, I guess I will pretty much kill them all later.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 12:30:59 pm »
*Wasn't the zone control only affected by mines and stuff*, not your stealthing and stealing? I always thought that with a high enough stealth skill, you could sneak past even the guards in SGS.

*Or maybe that's what you meant with 'detect crimes'?

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 08:15:58 pm »
Oh alright, got it now, thanks :)

Phyroks

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 03:31:43 am »
And I would love to point out some settings is kind of too difficult.

The first one is 3 bandit at the beginning.

I really did like how the guy asks "have you been there" and i was wondering if its test, I did enjoy how being honest was the part that gives out the difficulty of this mission!
I enjoy the idea but I really hated how they could still almost 1 round kill me when i got to them in the end, perhaps some trigger while entering the area warning those guys seem tough?

Anyways, loving the difficulty and stealth helps but it does not seem to be OP, but useful!