Author Topic: How long is the Alhpa 0.1.7.0.?  (Read 9404 times)

intensity

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
How long is the Alhpa 0.1.7.0.?
« on: March 30, 2013, 02:31:08 am »
Hi guys,

Being a veteran of such games since UFO when I saw this I nearly passed out. How did this slip under my radar?
Nevermind, I bought it and played it for a day and... Damn, it kicks my ass.  Some encounters are so frustrating and impossible without scum saving and to be honest I rather stop playing now and wait for the full game to be released so that I can have a better experience with it. I've just done a few quests in Junktown and I was wondering how much more is left in the alpha?

DarkWan

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: How long is the Alhpa 0.1.7.0.?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 04:19:45 am »
Hard to say how many quests are left. Both Eddy and Silas got a few each, then there are atleast 2 more from NPCs there. And did you explore outside Junktown? Not really quests but interesting sites.

intensity

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 09:10:52 am »
I see.

Well then I'll be putting this on hold, probably until the game is finished later this year. It's a shame I haven't got a time machine or cryogenic sleeping pod so that I can just make it happen. Oh well.

Thanks for the reply.

TemplarLord

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 04:52:22 pm »
Not to hijack the thread, but I wanted to know when I get the part to Tanner, is that it or does he give me something else to do?

DarkWan

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 05:36:13 am »
Armadillo drill part is the last quest from Tanner atm.
Did you talk to Vera Hale in the Admin/Library section?
She got an errand that leads to a quest in Junktown.

TemplarLord

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 07:32:36 am »
Yeah I did the Vera quest, I guess I did all the SGS quests, will focus on the remaining Junkyard quests. Thanks for the info!

joejoefine

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 01:23:27 am »
Also once you finish the Vera quest, I think that activates yet another quest line from the wheezing dude Abrahm at the Junktown bar (when you enter, with the merchant who sells all the food). I think I finished the game, the only part left is that weird obelisk when you take the boat to the silent Isle (it should still be there in 1.7.0). That part is pretty hard (dopplegangers...), and also I think you need a character with strong willpower to deal with the obelisk. I'm so curious as to what happens, but I never managed to create a high willpower character.

TemplarLord

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 10:41:38 am »
It is rather interesting with the obelisk, I found it pretty easy but I had a high willpower char. :)

About the wheezing guy, that activates after you get back to Junkyard from the embassy, some kid comes up to you and says the dude at the bar wants to talk with you. (AFAIR)